Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

A few pics

RotorWash

Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 18, 2019
Loc
P.E.I., Canada
Near my home
1-Field_Water_Colors.JPG

Cattle Corral
2-Cattle_Corral.JPG

Schurman's Shore, Prince Edward Island. This area along the north shore of P.E.I. was hit with what was then tropical storm Dorian. A lot of seaweed washed inland due to the storm surge and covered much of the estuary which would normally appear green with plant life.

3-Seaweed_Estuary.JPG

These trees didn't stand much of a chance in the wind as they didn't have great footing to begin with. A lot of debris from the cottages washed up along this area, including a deck or two.

4-SShore_Toppled_Trees.JPG

A view from the cottages in the area. Their yards got covered with about two feet of seaweed. You can see some cottages with most of it cleared off and put into a pile on the road. That BMW on the right by the sheds is not supposed to be where it is, the water was up to the steering wheel I was told.

5-Seaweed_Yards.JPG

Here's a 9-shot pano view of the adjacent campground known as Crystal Beach. They're in the process of cleaning up. A number of damaged trailers remain for now. Many in the wooded area were ok.

6-SShore_Campground_Recovery.JPG

I'll exit with some calm seas closer to home at West Point, P.E.I.

7-WP_LightHouse_Sunset.JPG

Dorian pass by us to the east, so we were spared much of what got you guys. Good photo essay, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: RotorWash
Beautiful pictures. I would like to see a top down shot of the first location with the fall colors in full glory. If the whole area doesn't get covered in the field of view of the camera, you can manually pan (move the Spark forward/backward or sideways) and take multiple photos. The photos can then be stitched using Microsoft ICE. Please give it a try next time.

Beautiful pictures. I would like to see a top down shot of the first location with the fall colors in full glory. If the whole area doesn't get covered in the field of view of the camera, you can manually pan (move the Spark forward/backward or sideways) and take multiple photos. The photos can then be stitched using Microsoft ICE. Please give it a try next time.
That's a really good tip! I will have to try it, thanks!

Reactions: nilanjan118
That's a really good tip! I will have to try it, thanks!

Make sure you do not change the altitude as you pan (only use the right stick to pan). Also the gimbal shouldn't be moved between shots and stay in the full downward angle (85°). Make sure the white balance and shutter speed is manually set. That way the MS ICE program won't have any issue in stitching the photos.
Will be looking forward to seeing your pic. Good luck. :)

Really great shots, RW! Especially love the sunset one, of course.

All the footage in my recently posted video of Indian Harbour was shot Tuesday and Wednesday, just before Dorian blew through on Thursday. In fact on both days the wind was pretty stout ahead of the storm and so a lot of my footage wasn’t really useable due to the shimmer that sometimes comes with the Spark’s electronic stabilization on the yaw axis. Also signs of wind on the circling shot above the church, where sometimes the bird would change speed with the wind.

Once again, really well done. The Spark is a great little drone, isn’t it?

Really great shots, RW! Especially love the sunset one, of course.

All the footage in my recently posted video of Indian Harbour was shot Tuesday and Wednesday, just before Dorian blew through on Thursday. In fact on both days the wind was pretty stout ahead of the storm and so a lot of my footage wasn’t really useable due to the shimmer that sometimes comes with the Spark’s electronic stabilization on the yaw axis. Also signs of wind on the circling shot above the church, where sometimes the bird would change speed with the wind.

Once again, really well done. The Spark is a great little drone, isn’t it?
Thanks very much Medley! I love this little bird. No wonder we get so attached to it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast