Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

A few questions before purchasing.

Davenwolf

Join
Aug 28, 2018
Hi folks, I've been seriously looking at Drones for a few months now. I started out with looking at getting a Mavic Pro, then scaled it down to an Air but really for what I'm going to use it for and my budget I'll prolly be better off getting a Spark. ( I didn't realise what it was capable of)
So the questions: Are refurbished Sparks the real deal? Has anyone purchased one and are happy with the products quality?
Not sure if I can post a link but here goes. Remember these are AUS prices.
DJI Spark Fly More Combo (Alpine White) - Official DJI Refurbished | Drones |

I live in Australia on rural property just on the boundary of the yellow area of an airport. I have a massive amount of bush around me and the ocean to the Southern side so I should have plenty of places to have a decent flight. I'm a bit confused as to if Aussies use FCC or CE or what I saw on on forum RCA or something similar. Does this hinder the Sparks performance? I don't plan and huge distance flights, more short interesting ones and just plain fun with sports mode. I have a little Tello that I use a controller and the wifi extender setup but I want more height that 30m and better image quality.
Thanks in advance.

Hi folks, I've been seriously looking at Drones for a few months now. I started out with looking at getting a Mavic Pro, then scaled it down to an Air but really for what I'm going to use it for and my budget I'll prolly be better off getting a Spark. ( I didn't realise what it was capable of)
So the questions: Are refurbished Sparks the real deal? Has anyone purchased one and are happy with the products quality?
Not sure if I can post a link but here goes. Remember these are AUS prices.
DJI Spark Fly More Combo (Alpine White) - Official DJI Refurbished | Drones |

I live in Australia on rural property just on the boundary of the yellow area of an airport. I have a massive amount of bush around me and the ocean to the Southern side so I should have plenty of places to have a decent flight. I'm a bit confused as to if Aussies use FCC or CE or what I saw on on forum RCA or something similar. Does this hinder the Sparks performance? I don't plan and huge distance flights, more short interesting ones and just plain fun with sports mode. I have a little Tello that I use a controller and the wifi extender setup but I want more height that 30m and better image quality.
Thanks in advance.

Huge difference in the range between CE and FAA modes.

There is a very popular "FAA Hack" that circumvents this - but check your local regulations before using it. Lots of info on this if you search forum with those keywords.

Reactions: Davenwolf
Sounds like the Spark would be a good option for you. It's a very capable drone, for most intents and purposes it's as capable as its bigger brothers. Good video and picture quality, as long a range as you really need, and it can be pretty quick too. If you're serious into photography and videography then it would be worth getting a Mavic or Phantom, but if you're just wanting to put some fun clips and pics together to show friends and family the Spark is plenty capable of that. And a refurbished one from DJI should be pretty much as good as a new one (but cheaper). Definitely get the remote control though, it's pretty limited if just using a mobile phone and not as easy to control.

I agree with BrandonW77. The Spark is a very capable little drone that shoots decent video. However, if you want higher end video quality and customization, you’re better off buying a nicer model.

i can't say enough about my Spark. The technology that is pack into this little thing never ceases to amaze me.
Yea it doesn't pack the high power camera but at 1080p it will blow you away unless you are a pro video guy.
Throw in the waypoint mission capabllilties of Litchi and the little guy is a winner.
In the future I may go to the Mavic II zoom especially since my good friend up the street got a Pro II yesterday and it is wayy over the top but I will definitely keep the Spark since it is ready to go in an instant plus you can selfi yourself and friends at the push of a button.

I bought a refurb spark via Kogan, (dick smith actually) when it arrived the only way to tell it was refurb, is that it had a 'refurbished unit' sticker on the back of the box.

the packaging, and the unit itself was immaculate. looking identical to a new unit.

the one problem I did have however was that in the packaging was a US power adapter. seems all of hogans refurb stock have these US adapters. now the power adapter is just a 240v usb charge block, so any high amperage ones would do.. dick smith after much emails arranged for DJI to send me an Australian one.

I would buy a refurb again anyday, especially when the fly more combo is 599$AUD DJI Spark Fly More Combo (Alpine White) - Official DJI Refurbished | Drones |

I did go out and buy a mavic pro platinum shortly after, but do not regret buying the spark, it is an amazing little drone.

I bought a refurb spark via Kogan, (dick smith actually) when it arrived the only way to tell it was refurb, is that it had a 'refurbished unit' sticker on the back of the box.

the packaging, and the unit itself was immaculate. looking identical to a new unit.

the one problem I did have however was that in the packaging was a US power adapter. seems all of hogans refurb stock have these US adapters. now the power adapter is just a 240v usb charge block, so any high amperage ones would do.. dick smith after much emails arranged for DJI to send me an Australian one.

I would buy a refurb again anyday, especially when the fly more combo is 599$AUD DJI Spark Fly More Combo (Alpine White) - Official DJI Refurbished | Drones |

I did go out and buy a mavic pro platinum shortly after, but do not regret buying the spark, it is an amazing little drone.
awesome thanks :)

IMG_0001.JPGIMG_0001.JPG
My little spark comes with me when I go out touring in my SXS . The plastic box keeps it safe . They say the best camera is the one you have with you . I really like this little drone . Going on a trip on a sxs can be very rough going but the spark has being doing good with the pelican case . IMG_7458.JPG
The pelican case is waterproof and dustproof .

Reactions: mano and Davenwolf
The pelican case is waterproof and dustproof .

Looks like you are waterproof and dust proof as well with the rig.
Well worth the option for a windshield and doors on an ORV.

I have an old Polaris 450 ATV with a windshield that I ride occasionally, and it sure beats the heck out of finding spider webs spanned across a trail or snow in my face when plowing snow in the winter.

Bought a refurbished spark from dji. Perfect.
Buy the fly more combo. It's worth it. You need the controller anyway.
I bought an extra battery for a total of 3 giving me 30 minutes of fly time.
First year I suggest the djicare package as an insurance.

Bought a refurbished spark from dji. Perfect.
Buy the fly more combo. It's worth it. You need the controller anyway.
I bought an extra battery for a total of 3 giving me 30 minutes of fly time.
First year I suggest the djicare package as an insurance.
Yep got the refurbished fly more combo. Don't think i can also afford the djicare on top of that though.
I should see it Wednesday next week :)
The Tello is gunna be jealous :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast