Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

A new life-changing tool for drone video editing?

Interesting. Had seen this feature in Adobe Photoshop for still images. Good to know it is available for videos as well. Thank you for sharing the video.

Reactions: VicVideopIC
Can someone break down what it is? I skipped around in the video trying to get through the 10 mins to get to the point but must have missed it

Can someone break down what it is? I skipped around in the video trying to get through the 10 mins to get to the point but must have missed it
It's a mechanism for seamlessly removing objects from the video ... a car or truck driving across the frame, a plane in the sky, a group of people walking into the shot. The software intelligently fills the space they occupied with background from previous and subsequent frames.

Reactions: Andre Levite
And for us Davinci Resolve fans, the recently-available version 16 (in public beta, but quite stable) also includes this capability.

Biggest problem with content aware is that it works fine as long as there are no edge boundaries.
What that means is that say you have a boat on the horizon near a cliff you want to take out - it will use parts from the surroundings to synthesize new material. What that means practically is you get dark splotches and other nasty stuff in your image. I'm curious to see how in actuality it works over frames since differences show up as flickering.
BTW - thanks to Dodge DeBoulet for pointing out this is in the beta or DaVinci!

Biggest problem with content aware is that it works fine as long as there are no edge boundaries.
What that means is that say you have a boat on the horizon near a cliff you want to take out - it will use parts from the surroundings to synthesize new material. What that means practically is you get dark splotches and other nasty stuff in your image. I'm curious to see how in actuality it works over frames since differences show up as flickering.
BTW - thanks to Dodge DeBoulet for pointing out this is in the beta or DaVinci!
It's in the beta, but while the beta is available free, the feature is only enabled for "paid" users. Compared to the subscription cost for Adobe's software, though, Davinci (at $300) is still a pretty good deal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav