Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

A trip out - M1P

Nice job Brian. Looks like a real nice weather day and the flight is so smooth. Great camera glass in that M1, Gorgeous colors and detail. Thank you sir.

Reactions: BrianP
Nice job Brian. Looks like a real nice weather day and the flight is so smooth. Great camera glass in that M1, Gorgeous colors and detail. Thank you sir.
Cheers Dragonfly Joe! You are very welcome! Yes the weather is very kind at present.
The flight was in fact , plan B.
Plan A saw me at a lower location and with the app limiting me to 120m/393 feet height I could not get above the tree line and came very close to becoming an issue.
RTH worked like a dream and I moved to a different location where the app let me fly high enough to get the shot I have been after for years!
The 1mile flight out was amazing... getting there was such a personal achievement for me.
The Profile shot and the Face On shot is in the memory banks for ever now and the repository that is YT!
Thanks Dragonfly Joe, your support is super.

Wow Brian, that’s the way it goes. Starting with a spark and ending as an professional video editor .
I love my sparks but a long distance flight with a MP1 without videolag is an adventure indeed .
What kind of editing soiftware you are using ?
Thumbs up

Wow Brian, that’s the way it goes. Starting with a spark and ending as an professional video editor .
I love my sparks but a long distance flight with a MP1 without videolag is an adventure indeed .
What kind of editing soiftware you are using ?
Thumbs up
Cheers Roland , thank you for the very kind words.
I edit with Powerdirector 16.
I am slowly trying out manual settings on the M1P and loving it!
I purchased ColorDirector recently to learn colorgrading but find Powerdirector 16 does most things I want.
Biggest tip I can give anyone is to take off rise to view the subject and set the lightness/darkness settings to what looks good to you. These cannot easily be corrected in post.
-been to another Castle today so get the popcorn in!!!

Respect respect Brian. Clearly a milestone on you stellar droning/editing “career”. How do you deal with the LOS issue at a mile. Presume like me, and I’m older!! you can’t see your craft all the way? Not trying to be all goodie two shoes about it but you know what I mean. Any way a fascinating watch and I am sure we are all delighted you have achieved one of your life goals.

Respect respect Brian. Clearly a milestone on you stellar droning/editing “career”. How do you deal with the LOS issue at a mile. Presume like me, and I’m older!! you can’t see your craft all the way? Not trying to be all goodie two shoes about it but you know what I mean. Any way a fascinating watch and I am sure we are all delighted you have achieved one of your life goals.
Thank you T
thank you twickers14!
kind words from my fellow pilots means a lot to me.
I did take a liberty with the distance but squared it with myself by realising it was over empty fields and no one about. *I got grief on here for trying a newly purchased spark, with a tight dodgy motor, so I better not discuss LOS further.
The chance to capture the profile shot and the rarer face on shot will forever stay with me.
is anther foray, where I film a local castle and chance upon some Deer, which I captured on low res Handycam...
and just in case people missed this one...

Last edited:
Thank you T

thank you twickers14!
kind words from my fellow pilots means a lot to me.
I did take a liberty with the distance but squared it with myself by realising it was over empty fields and no one about. *I got grief on here for trying a newly purchased spark, with a tight dodgy motor, so I better not discuss LOS further.
The chance to capture the profile shot and the rarer face on shot will forever stay with me.
is anther foray, where I film a local castle and chance upon some Deer, which I captured on low res Handycam...
and just in case people missed this one...
Meant to add, nice to see the little red bomber in the film. Is she running well?

• Haha
Nice to see a man with a plan - even if it is plan b

• Haha
Hi Brian. Just thumbing through the Gallery pix in today’s Sunday Telegraph and thought of you. A shot you might try to grab yourself?
7D8467CE-1002-4448-AD5C-F8D15BACE8B5.png

• Love
All good with MA2 although weather has been very limiting as I suspect yours has been. Loving the longer batteries and the confidence of Ocusync2 (if that’s how you spell it). No flying today as winds in excess of 30mph-hey ho.

All good with MA2 although weather has been very limiting as I suspect yours has been. Loving the longer batteries and the confidence of Ocusync2 (if that’s how you spell it). No flying today as winds in excess of 30mph-hey ho.
yep, sleet at present here... yuk
I have a few flights/vids on my wish list so just waiting for a weather window.
All the best!

Perhaps pop a moustache on it in post ed? Agree with you re originality but if it is an unusual angle and unique to our hobby then justifiable?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme