Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Absolutely no Flying for us UK owners all weekend.

Just driven down the M4 to Bristol and we were nearly blown off the carriageway so no flying here either.
Got this Litchi Waypoints Mission I've being wanting to Complete with my Mavic but it's being far too windy here where I am. [emoji853]
Screenshot_20190127-142447_Litchi.jpeg

My airspace isn't any better.

-4* F now and will be a balmy -20* F midday with wind chill up to -40* F.

We’re due a spot of snow tomorrow but we hit -3C this morning which is cold for the SW UK. Can’t imagine what -20 would be like. Worst we’ve experienced was in Toronto -12C and we needed 2 pairs of trousers, oh and some puffas too!

It's not too bad out there for us Brits [emoji6] (just make sure you have gloves!)...20190130_095449.jpeg20190130_105331.jpeg20190130_105628.jpeg

Reactions: 1uk3y
Here is a weather map of North America's Polar Vortex.

It's colder than a witches ti....

20190130_130753.jpg

Reactions: Andre Levite
Charged my batteries up Friday after work expecting to go flying and it's now Sunday Night and still the British weather hasn't lifted and still blowing a gale.

I think I'm going to buy myself a indoors fpv drone for these exact weekends.
I'm absolutely craving to do some flying, I think I've got a serious drone addiction
Anyone else having my same problems
[emoji23][emoji23]View attachment 8322View attachment 8323
70 mph winds sound great weather to stay inside in

Hey,
I managed to get out and fly today - weather was crystal clear and cold but it got windier as the day went on!! When I got to my second location it was very gusty although my UAV app said 'Yes'!! I struggled to keep the Spark controlled, couldn't really get smooth motion and was petrified it would end up blowing over! Here's some footage anyhow :)

Reactions: Mr_Mark
Great footage. Where were you filming (the estate property) and did you require permission? I've seen a lot of posts online about NT, EH and other heritage sites having strict no drone policies, which seems a shame...
Hey,
I managed to get out and fly today - weather was crystal clear and cold but it got windier as the day went on!! When I got to my second location it was very gusty although my UAV app said 'Yes'!! I struggled to keep the Spark controlled, couldn't really get smooth motion and was petrified it would end up blowing over! Here's some footage anyhow :)

Great footage. Where were you filming (the estate property) and did you require permission? I've seen a lot of posts online about NT, EH and other heritage sites having strict no drone policies, which seems a shame...

Thanks. I filmed this at Witley Court near Worcester.. I know what you mean regarding filming on Estate properties but I have personally filmed on a number of National Trust and English Heritage properties without any confrontations or issues (yet!!). The way I see it, I tend to fly at very quiet times and I try my best to keep the drone far away from people.. I’d be very reluctant to fly Sparky at close proximity to any National Trust property but I’m a bit more adventurous when it comes to derelict buildings such as castles..

A few weeks ago I visited a Broadway Tower in the Cotswolds and they had a strict ‘no drones’ policy with signage to warn people so I simply didn’t fly it..

Good job, if I hadn't inadvertently read there were bans I'd probably be the same, but that's just my personality (no judgement on you). I think those close up shots of the statue were really good, but I definitely wouldn't of had the balls to fly there, lol.
Were you using any filters as well and if so, which ones? I bought some cheap Neweer ones off Amazon last week just to test and the first flight seemed to go ok, but the second flight I had warnings for gimbal over loaded so had to land and remove it. Not sure how hardy the gimbal motor is so didn't want to screw the optics on a chance!
Thanks. I filmed this at Witley Court near Worcester.. I know what you mean regarding filming on Estate properties but I have personally filmed on a number of National Trust and English Heritage properties without any confrontations or issues (yet!!). The way I see it, I tend to fly at very quiet times and I try my best to keep the drone far away from people.. I’d be very reluctant to fly Sparky at close proximity to any National Trust property but I’m a bit more adventurous when it comes to derelict buildings such as castles..

A few weeks ago I visited a Broadway Tower in the Cotswolds and they had a strict ‘no drones’ policy with signage to warn people so I simply didn’t fly it..

Good job, if I hadn't inadvertently read there were bans I'd probably be the same, but that's just my personality (no judgement on you). I think those close up shots of the statue were really good, but I definitely wouldn't of had the balls to fly there, lol.
Were you using any filters as well and if so, which ones? I bought some cheap Neweer ones off Amazon last week just to test and the first flight seemed to go ok, but the second flight I had warnings for gimbal over loaded so had to land and remove it. Not sure how hardy the gimbal motor is so didn't want to screw the optics on a chance!

No, I totally agree.. I have read that some NT properties don’t allow it but some of the bigger, more expansive ones are okay with it provided people are respectful to their surroundings.. with that fountain I picked my moment lol.. it was very quiet and there was nobody In the viscinity when I took the shot.. there was one point where I thought it was gonna blow into the monument though!!

Sorry forgot to mention filters.. no, I don’t use filters but I am interested in buying some.. I tend to play with the manual exposure settings to get the right balance but I’m still getting the hang of it!!

Last edited:
Some nice sunrise reflections this morning. Wasn't quite as cold today either! Forecast for next few days looks crap for flying though...20190205_100923.jpeg

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex