Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Activation Trouble With My SPARK

Join
May 27, 2017
I am having one hell of a hard time getting my Spark to Activate. I check the WiFi settings on my iPad and it will show the Spark numbers but says "no Internet Connection" with a check mark in front of that. I can just go so far but when it comes to sending the data to DJI, none of my iPads will work and I have three of them. I even deleted and reinstalled DJI GO4 and that helped out greatly, but did not help get an internet connection with my WiFi on the iPads. So how can I get the iPad's or my iPhone to log on to the internet. I have no cellular service due to living so far out in the woods. I use Hughes.net for my Satellite service and internet. Really appreciate anyone's help and experience with this sort of problem.

I am having one hell of a hard time getting my Spark to Activate. I check the WiFi settings on my iPad and it will show the Spark numbers but says "no Internet Connection" with a check mark in front of that. I can just go so far but when it comes to sending the data to DJI, none of my iPads will work and I have three of them. I even deleted and reinstalled DJI GO4 and that helped out greatly, but did not help get an internet connection with my WiFi on the iPads. So how can I get the iPad's or my iPhone to log on to the internet. I have no cellular service due to living so far out in the woods. I use Hughes.net for my Satellite service and internet. Really appreciate anyone's help and experience with this sort of problem.
You need to switch back and forth between you home WIFI and Spark. Note that in order to activate via the DJI servers you'll need an internet connection, thus your home network.

I check the WiFi settings on my iPad and it will show the Spark numbers but says "no Internet Connection" with a check mark in front of that.
You'll always see this when using an Apple device. It's just telling you the Spark's Wi-Fi network is not connected to the Internet (which is true).

Had exactly the same battle yesterday, for hours, I too am on a satellite connection. I'm not an Apple fan, but bought an iPad Mini 2 specifically for my Mavic and now the Spark. The key in the activation dance seems to be to go back and forth from the Spark's network to your normal internet network and Go4 without losing the chain. The activation app is really unclear about when it's trying to talk to the Spark and when it's trying to send data to China. I'm sorry I didn't keep a log of exactly what all I tried, hope this helps. Also do not involve the remote, if you have one. I presume you know that there being no tabs you can navigate to open apps by double-clicking the home button.

Thanks Guys for the suggestions. I went into town and was finally able to connect and get the Spark Activated by using my iPad Air 2 WiFi/Cellular and was able to connect on the Cellular side. So got it up and running for the most part.

Thanks Guys for the suggestions. I went into town and was finally able to connect and get the Spark Activated by using my iPad Air 2 WiFi/Cellular and was able to connect on the Cellular side. So got it up and running for the most part.
Good news...now go fly!:)

You're not alone. Many of us had issues with activation and the manual and this group pulled me through most of the greatest challenges. So, ask questions here and I'm sure you will get good advice. I did for sure.

Oh, great to hear you're up and running! My cellular connection on my iPad Mini 4 really saved me during the activation and even yesterday when the RC needed an update as I was preparing to fly away from my home network.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef