Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Active track

Jmc657

Join
Nov 27, 2019
Loc
US
Does anyone else have problems with active track on the spark? I have tried it several times and it always has difficulty, especially with “fast things” like kids sledding or riding bikes.

I start recording and the track when the kids are standing still, then try to get them moving; the screen says it’s locked on them, then when they start moving and the drone moves a bit then says “track lost”.

or, the drone tries to move in super close and over reacts a lot with its movements. Any suggestions?

You might be trying to start out too close. Also, it helps if the subject contrasts with the background. Like children playing in snow.

You might be trying to start out too close. Also, it helps if the subject contrasts with the background. Like children playing in snow.
That’s what I thought too, but we had the same problem in the snow. i start out with the craft about 50’ away, click “go” and it flies toward them. It’s very odd.

Does anyone else have problems with active track on the spark? I have tried it several times and it always has difficulty, especially with “fast things” like kids sledding or riding bikes.

I start recording and the track when the kids are standing still, then try to get them moving; the screen says it’s locked on them, then when they start moving and the drone moves a bit then says “track lost”.

or, the drone tries to move in super close and over reacts a lot with its movements. Any suggestions?

I've had rather poor results using active track on the Spark, and with my Mavic Pro it's no better. It only seems to work if I'm in a large open area with no shadows if I walk slowly and don't make any sudden changes in direction. Even then it loses me after a few minutes.

I used to have trouble until I upgraded my iPad. The old iPad 2 I used to use was just too slow. I think the aircraft relies heavily on the power of your iPad / Smartphone to track.

No issues here either it’s been perfect every time I’ve tried to use it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit