Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Loses Connectivity and Active Track won't track

Beanathen

Join
Dec 18, 2021
Loc
Gulfport, MS
I bought this spark that I have over a year ago from a friend who has several drones. This thing is terrible. The first issue I have is that the camera loses connection with the drone about 50% of the time. I can still fly it but I have no video on my phone. It's hit or miss on whether or not I can actually use my drone for what I want to. The second issue is the active track. I try to track my 4 wheeler, boat, lawn mower and myself on a bike. It'll track for a minute if I'm lucky but then just quit for no reason. If it doesn't quit, It'll just fly over top of the object and lose it. The last update for the Spark on their website is from 2017. It's up to date on firmware according to the DJI Assistant 2 when I hook it up to my computer. I use the DJI Go 4 app on my Iphone. I've called DJI and they've told me to send it in for repairs but I have no idea how much they want to charge for something like this or if it's something with the app or I'm doing. Any ideas?

I bought this spark that I have over a year ago from a friend who has several drones. This thing is terrible. The first issue I have is that the camera loses connection with the drone about 50% of the time. I can still fly it but I have no video on my phone. It's hit or miss on whether or not I can actually use my drone for what I want to. The second issue is the active track. I try to track my 4 wheeler, boat, lawn mower and myself on a bike. It'll track for a minute if I'm lucky but then just quit for no reason. If it doesn't quit, It'll just fly over top of the object and lose it. The last update for the Spark on their website is from 2017. It's up to date on firmware according to the DJI Assistant 2 when I hook it up to my computer. I use the DJI Go 4 app on my Iphone. I've called DJI and they've told me to send it in for repairs but I have no idea how much they want to charge for something like this or if it's something with the app or I'm doing. Any ideas?
Are you using a controller? If not, it has very limited range with just your phone.

Do you use accessories on the Spark or did you scotch
a skin on it that could jam the signal of the antennas ?

BTW, I'm using the OTG cable and never had a glitch in three years.

Reactions: SoccerRef12
Here's and example of what it does. I clipped the video so it will be shorter. The active track stops for no reason @ 1:22 in the original video. You can see it stop tracking me right before my truck stops.

Here's another video of the active track losing me. I posted it to youtube a while back to send to DJI. I don't think I ever did. The sound is on and it's very annoying. Sorry about that.

Here's another video of the active track losing me. I posted it to youtube a while back to send to DJI. I don't think I ever did. The sound is on and it's very annoying. Sorry about that.

Sounds like you didn’t give the drone time to properly fix home base you should have waited a few seconds longer before you rode off there have been a few lose their drones this way. Best Regards Engie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast