Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

AEB Tutorial? Would you guys like one?

RPL

Join
Jul 17, 2018
I get a lot of questions about which photo mode and/or editing I use to create HDR images with my Spark. I’d be happy to do a video tutorial if you guys are interested.

Let me know if this would be something you guys are interested in learning. Using this feature/software truly allows for unique/high quality High Dynamic Range pictures. In addition, it’s very easy to do.

Yes.

I have used this feature, but it felt like I was just muddeling (is that a word?) through the process and probably failed to get the full benefit of the extra information on the multiple shots. It stored the individual images on the SD card and I used Photoshop to combine them. I felt pretty unsure of what I was doing with AEB, so I went back to the old familiar single shots that I post-process in Photoshop.

So, yes, I would like to learn what I should REALLY be doing with this feature.

Reactions: RPL
If/when I get a chance, I will put up a 3-5 minute tutorial on how I do this. FYI- I use Photomatix software. Incredibly easy to use, and it creates fantastic HDR photos.
I know photomatix well. I might have a play this arvo

I plan on taking some pictures this upcoming weekend. Once I do, I will do a tutorial on this feature.

I've tried AEB a few times and I'm pretty sure I'm not doing it right...lol. I'm using Adobe Lightroom to combine them but they never seem that great. Also, it's freaking hard to figure out which 3 are the right ones to combine if you take more than a few shots with AEB. I wish the Spark had a better way of distinguishing the grouped shots...

I'd loved to see a tutorial...thanks in advance!

I get a lot of questions about which photo mode and/or editing I use to create HDR images with my Spark. I’d be happy to do a video tutorial if you guys are interested.

Let me know if this would be something you guys are interested in learning. Using this feature/software truly allows for unique/high quality High Dynamic Range pictures. In addition, it’s very easy to do.
Yes please! I am familiar with taking the pictures, but I have never gotten any satisfactory results out of merging them with adobe photoshop ore lightroom. All they yield (especially the tone mapping presets) are unrealistic looking artificial pictures, would live to learn how to properly do that!

I've tried AEB a few times and I'm pretty sure I'm not doing it right...lol. I'm using Adobe Lightroom to combine them but they never seem that great. Also, it's freaking hard to figure out which 3 are the right ones to combine if you take more than a few shots with AEB. I wish the Spark had a better way of distinguishing the grouped shots...

The Spark takes a normal exposure one stop under and one stop over.
So you'll have a normal, a dark and a light exposure which are the 3 you combine to increase the dynamic range. If still in doubt you can look at the exif info. A simple way to group them is to change framing between brackets.
RPL can explain the rest in the tutorial.

Attachments

• exposure.JPG
    exposure.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 19

I have an older DSLR and I often need to use HDR techniques to overcome scenes with high contrast. In Lightroom this is real easy. One trick to make life easier is to tell Lightroom to "stack" all photo's that are taking within a certain time periode. It's called Auto-stack by capture time. Again, I personally have no need for it, bu you might.

Reactions: JoostGT3
I have an older DSLR and I often need to use HDR techniques to overcome scenes with high contrast. In Lightroom this is real easy. One trick to make life easier is to tell Lightroom to "stack" all photo's that are taking within a certain time periode. It's called Auto-stack by capture time. Again, I personally have no need for it, bu you might.
Thanks mate, didn’t know that! Will look into it!

The Spark takes a normal exposure one stop under and one stop over.
So you'll have a normal, a dark and a light exposure which are the 3 you combine to increase the dynamic range. If still in doubt you can look at the exif info. A simple way to group them is to change framing between brackets.
RPL can explain the rest in the tutorial.

Ya, I know, but sometimes they are so similar that I'm not sure which belongs with which group of 3 ... :) Usually when I take a couple shots in quick succession... the times are all basically identical so I can't tell from that...I guess I just have to take a few seconds in between so I can tell...

hola a todos, he creado un canal en Telegram para charlar de Spark, Litchi y sobre todo, edicción de imágenes y video, creo que puedo ayudar en algo, pero entre todos podriamos hacer algo interesante

DJI Spark vs Litchi, Foto y Video

hola a todos, he creado un canal en Telegram para charlar de Spark, Litchi y sobre todo, edicción de imágenes y video, creo que puedo ayudar en algo, pero entre todos podriamos hacer algo interesante

DJI Spark vs Litchi, Foto y Video
Hola Jesus, puedes escribir en ingles por favor? Estan much gente que no entenden español por aqui...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar