Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Airspace Conflict

Being that the Spark is so tiny, predatory birds see it as potential food. Luckily, they are usually scared off when they get close enough to hear the bizzare buzzing sound that they’re unaccustomed to. Now, get too close to mama’s nest and it’s a whole different story.

Weaponizing our Sparks is the answer!

Obviously, you haven't had an up close and personal encounter with those spinning props. The Spark comes from the factory already weaponized. Those props are like razor blades and will cut you and cause you to repeat every bad word you know, at high volume. I'm sure it would be no match for the big bird in my picture, but the Spark WILL leave its mark.

Usually the birds win...YouTube is full of drone encounters with big birds and in nearly every one I've seen the drone loses. I got buzzed by a huge hawk a few weeks ago as i was coming in for a landing at dusk, probably just 10' from where I was standing, and it was pretty scary, and very cool. Glad I didn't have to try out my DJI Care because of it.

Maybe if our Sparks had a speaker on board that could emit a loud piercing sound to scare them away.

Usually the birds win...YouTube is full of drone encounters with big birds and in nearly every one I've seen the drone loses. I got buzzed by a huge hawk a few weeks ago as i was coming in for a landing at dusk, probably just 10' from where I was standing, and it was pretty scary, and very cool. Glad I didn't have to try out my DJI Care because of it.

I hear ya.... in that video I posted above, what you dont hear is me yelling at the bird to "buzz" <insert colorful expletive here> off... not sure how effective that would be, but he did in fact leave... much to my relief.

Obviously, you haven't had an up close and personal encounter with those spinning props. The Spark comes from the factory already weaponized. Those props are like razor blades and will cut you and cause you to repeat every bad word you know, at high volume. I'm sure it would be no match for the big bird in my picture, but the Spark WILL leave its mark.
I can relate to that. I was lucky to have gloves on however.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis