Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Alexandra Barracks, Canterbury Road - MA2

Rwarrior

Join
Apr 13, 2018
Hello mates,
Weather has been good lately, and this is my 3rd flight with the MA2.
The location is an open field in Canterbury Road, which sits in an estate known as Alexandra Park, where barracks were constructed in the early 1900s to defend the naval outpost in Singapore and protect British Far East interests. The barracks complex included military facilities on the east of Alexandra Road and officers’ accommodation. The colonial building which I feature towards the end of the video is in tropical Edwardian style and is called Bukit Damai (meaning Peacefull Hill in Malay). It is a Black and White bungalow built for the commanding officer of Alexandra Barracks and stands on the crest of a hilly ridge running through Alexandra Park which afforded spectacular views over the Straits of Singapore.
Hope you enjoy it!
Cheers,
Ranjit

What a lovely ride Ranjit and that 360 pan, now that's some buttery dripping smoothness right there! Interesting history and a very beautiful area indeed. Every time I visit SparkPilots I come away feeling like I've been on a trip to some great place and without the jet lag! I love it!! :)

Hello mates,
Weather has been good lately, and this is my 3rd flight with the MA2.
The location is an open field in Canterbury Road, which sits in an estate known as Alexandra Park, where barracks were constructed in the early 1900s to defend the naval outpost in Singapore and protect British Far East interests. The barracks complex included military facilities on the east of Alexandra Road and officers’ accommodation. The colonial building which I feature towards the end of the video is in tropical Edwardian style and is called Bukit Damai (meaning Peacefull Hill in Malay). It is a Black and White bungalow built for the commanding officer of Alexandra Barracks and stands on the crest of a hilly ridge running through Alexandra Park which afforded spectacular views over the Straits of Singapore.
Hope you enjoy it!
Cheers,
Ranjit

Smooth flying, great editing, and a beautiful opening, wow! Well done sir.

Reactions: Rwarrior
Loved that opening shot Ranjit! I agree with RotorWash, so smooth on the sticks. Beautiful shots that I would have never seen if you hadn't shared with us. I thank you again my friend.

Reactions: Rwarrior
What a lovely ride Ranjit and that 360 pan, now that's some buttery dripping smoothness right there! Interesting history and a very beautiful area indeed. Every time I visit SparkPilots I come away feeling like I've been on a trip to some great place and without the jet lag! I love it!! :)
Thanks mate, glad you enjoyed it [emoji3]
All credit to the MA2, the movement is very smooth and just the right touch is all that's needed. Learning more as I use it.
And if the weather remains good, I plan to try some circle hyperlapses and long exposure shots this weekend..
Thanks again and safe flying!
Cheers

Reactions: RotorWash
Loved that opening shot Ranjit! I agree with RotorWash, so smooth on the sticks. Beautiful shots that I would have never seen if you hadn't shared with us. I thank you again my friend.
My pleasure, Joe!
Take care and stay safe, mate[emoji120][emoji4]

Very well done, nice composition, really enjoyed that. I also subscribed! Keep up the great work. Oh, and my wife wants to know, what is growing in all those gardens around 2:26 ?
Hi Robin, thanks very much for the kind comments and for subscribing ....awesome, my friend!
Re: your wife's question on the garden, i had always thought it was part of the adjoining park called Hort Park, but turns out I was wrong (credit that to local complacency syndrome !!)
It's actually the national nursery...
"At the heart of operations for Singapore’s City in a Garden vision is the Pasir Panjang Nursery (PPN), located adjacent to HortPark. Set up in the 1970s, the 12-hectare Pasir Panjang Nursery supplies close to 200,000 plants a year to green up Singapore’s roads and parks. It is also responsible for developing optimum propagation techniques for various plant species of ornamental, horticultural or economical value. The Nursery plays a key role in the propagation and conservation of native plant species by reintroducing our native biodiversity to Singapore’s urban areas. The Pasir Panjang Nursery houses over 3,000 species of trees, palms, shrubs, groundcover, herbs, fruit trees and aquatic plants. In recent years, it is also focused on the propagation and introduction of fruit trees and shrubs to our parks and community gardens"
And here's a link with more info on the types of plants there Take a look inside Singapore's only national nursery - The Tender Gardener

Thanks to your wife, i'm just a bit more knowledgeable now... :)

Cheers mate!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme