Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Amazing spark mid air recovery

Mtntrogger

Join
Aug 16, 2019
I am sorry to say I dont have any video footage, as I wasnt filming. I do have the airdata info, but its really not exciting to look at.
I was flying over the river behind my apartment. The Eagle is a tributary of the Colorado, its starting to come to life with the seasons runoff. My wife and friend were watching me fly, I couldnt see the branches above the spark from where I was standing, I ascended and hit the branches, through display I saw the bird falling, just when I was getting ready to write it off to the river, I heard the props whirring again ! I was shocked to see that the Spark had recovered from a free fall !! It was hovering just a few feet over the river, which claims human lives every singe year. I am in awe. The props are damaged but the bird lived on without getting wet. Just unbelievable, I had to share the story.

Amazing Sparky. Happy it saved itself from the river and Happy for you. I fish a lot from a bass boat. That's all I ever fly over is water. Some close calls (on my part) but Sparky has done great

I am sorry to say I dont have any video footage, as I wasnt filming. I do have the airdata info, but its really not exciting to look at.
I was flying over the river behind my apartment. The Eagle is a tributary of the Colorado, its starting to come to life with the seasons runoff. My wife and friend were watching me fly, I couldnt see the branches above the spark from where I was standing, I ascended and hit the branches, through display I saw the bird falling, just when I was getting ready to write it off to the river, I heard the props whirring again ! I was shocked to see that the Spark had recovered from a free fall !! It was hovering just a few feet over the river, which claims human lives every singe year. I am in awe. The props are damaged but the bird lived on without getting wet. Just unbelievable, I had to share the story.
Excellent! the Spark is very good at that, mine clipped a tree branch, dropped onto a corrugated roof (hell of a bang) the sunshade dropped off then it bounced back into the air and hovered. I could find no damage and am still using same props!. I was only able to find the sunshade as it was recording and I could see it falling away. I was, of course, showing off sport mod to my brother who was not impressed with my piloting. Oops! I doubt my mini2 would have survived as well that.

If no video, it didn't happen. :) I'm trying to figure out why anyone would turn the video recording OFF, ever! Esp. on a Spark that can only fly for 13-15 minutes anyway. You aren't likely to run out of SD card space unless you are using very tiny SD cards. And you can get a pack four 32GB SD cards for about $18. Turn on the recording before you take off, and don't turn it off until you land on the ground. You can always delete the files later if you don't want them.

Airdata showed it fell from 20 feet altitude to 9 feet in about 1 second. It also showed a bunch of errors- all said something like "esc error/not enough force" . I am guessing this was due to prop damage. I havent tried to fly it since, its been snowing for the past several days. Maybe later in the week.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme