Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Android Samsung S 7

Hi , hope someone can help me , does my phone need to be rooted before the OTG cable works with the RC ?
Your phone shouldn't need to be rooted. You do need to make sure you have the correct end connected to your RC. So, if you see in the DJI Go 4 app that the RC is connected or not. If it doesn't connect, turn the cable around. That's with the Micro USB cable for Andriod phones. If you have an iPhone you'll have to get a Micro USB to Lighting cable. Hope this helps.

Your phone shouldn't need to be rooted. You do need to make sure you have the correct end connected to your RC. So, if you see in the DJI Go 4 app that the RC is connected or not. If it doesn't connect, turn the cable around. That's with the Micro USB cable for Andriod phones. If you have an iPhone you'll have to get a Micro USB to Lighting cable. Hope this helps.
Hi thank you for your reply I have tried everything possible I did have a S7 Samsung before and that worked fine I went on to a Samsung S9+ and that was awesome but I ran over that in the Excavator so thats not healthy went back to this S7 but I'm out of ideas on getting it to work

Hi thank you for your reply I have tried everything possible I did have a S7 Samsung before and that worked fine I went on to a Samsung S9+ and that was awesome but I ran over that in the Excavator so thats not healthy went back to this S7 but I'm out of ideas on getting it to work
Ok, so tell me what you do when you're connecting the OTG cable. Start yo finish. Also, have you tried to connect to you're RC through the phones WiFi? Just to see if everything works and you get video and telemetry.

Ok, so tell me what you do when you're connecting the OTG cable. Start yo finish. Also, have you tried to connect to you're RC through the phones WiFi? Just to see if everything works and you get video and telemetry.
The Spark works fine on wifi but no range to flight, I fly over water a lot and I do get the full range with an otg cable and better response in flight , now for the set up , I turn off wifi on phone turn on Spark then RC wait for Green on RC and go fly, cable to phone first then to RC but all I get is either charging or nothing .
Thanks for your time .

The Spark works fine on wifi but no range to flight, I fly over water a lot and I do get the full range with an otg cable and better response in flight , now for the set up , I turn off wifi on phone turn on Spark then RC wait for Green on RC and go fly, cable to phone first then to RC but all I get is either charging or nothing .
Thanks for your time .

Let's see here....sounds like you should try turning the cable around or try a different OTG cable. My S6 is dedicated to my Spark and I leave my OTG cable in at all times, unless I'm charging my S6 and/or my RC. I turn on my RC first, then my Spark. I wait for a green light on my RC and then open up my DJI Go 4 app and wait for everything to show connected. Generally all takes less than 30 seconds to a minute. May I ask where you got your cable from? And you had mentioned that you get full range and better response in flight. Has the OTG cable worked in the past?

I tend to agree with Usul142. I had a S7 and like oyu now have an S9+ though unlike you I have yet to run over it! OTG cable works perfectly with both. I think you either have a duff OTG cable or it is not in correctly. I use the same start up as Usul142.

Let's see here....sounds like you should try turning the cable around or try a different OTG cable. My S6 is dedicated to my Spark and I leave my OTG cable in at all times, unless I'm charging my S6 and/or my RC. I turn on my RC first, then my Spark. I wait for a green light on my RC and then open up my DJI Go 4 app and wait for everything to show connected. Generally all takes less than 30 seconds to a minute. May I ask where you got your cable from? And you had mentioned that you get full range and better response in flight. Has the OTG cable worked in the past?
I bought my cable from ebay , I will check with a mate that's just bought a spark to see if his cable works and change how I set up ,thank you for your help guys ,I'll let you know the outcome asap , cheers for now .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast