Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Another Lost spark / flyaway

thecommodore

Join
Mar 21, 2018
So i've had my spark about 1.5 months and I was just flying it in my friends village same place I've flown it before.

Usually in this area i've flown it around 400 FT away and its been fine some disconnects and RTH. But this time i was under 200ft away could clearly see it. I was trying out the different flight modes to get used to it and was just using tap fly when i was about to cancel the mode and fly it home when suddenly the phone started showing signal lost, when the signal came back it then said no gps switching to atti and was gone.

I could see and hear the drone I looked at the phone to check what was going on with the atti mode and when i looked back up it was gone. One thing I did notice was a massive seagull flying near it around the time it disconnected so maybe it was attacked?

I'll post logs once I figure out how to get them off my phone.

I was using the latest DJI software with RC & OTG I wasn't flying recklessly I only got it out to try out all the different flight modes as I'm still relatively new to drones. I took off let it hover it had good GPS, RTH set so I felt confident id have no issues and here we are.

Where abouts are you flying what country. I'm in the UK and sent mine up to test because it's very windy here in the UK and I quickly brought it back down it's well to windy the spark was drifting even with full GPS. Not worth losing sorry that it's happened to you hope you find it. But when it goes into attitudes mode with massive winds it will drag your drone till your battery dies unless it gets GPS again. Then you might be lucky that your controller reconnected so you will be able to pin point where tour drone went.

Where abouts are you flying what country. I'm in the UK and sent mine up to test because it's very windy here in the UK and I quickly brought it back down it's well to windy the spark was drifting even with full GPS. Not worth losing sorry that it's happened to you hope you find it. But when it goes into attitudes mode with massive winds it will drag your drone till your battery dies unless it gets GPS again. Then you might be lucky that your controller reconnected so you will be able to pin point where tour drone went.

River, a little village in dover and yeah I felt the wind it wasn't massively bad at the time, i didn't take it up very high either maybe 80ft i'm trying to get the flight record on the app i can see it but in the folders on my phone theres nothing with the same date.

Its one of my biggest fears with these things the atti fly away switch, I just watched a replay of the flight and it comes up with a magnetic interference error which caused the GPS to go off it seems. Its quite weird because I've flown it before in this exact location with no issues.

I think i'm done with drones i got the spark as i plan to go travelling and everything else was a bit to big but I think the WiFi connection has always given me disconnects. I've flown it around 300ft away before open field no obstructions and still had issues.

So i've had my spark about 1.5 months and I was just flying it in my friends village same place I've flown it before.

Usually in this area i've flown it around 400 FT away and its been fine some disconnects and RTH. But this time i was under 200ft away could clearly see it. I was trying out the different flight modes to get used to it and was just using tap fly when i was about to cancel the mode and fly it home when suddenly the phone started showing signal lost, when the signal came back it then said no gps switching to atti and was gone.

I could see and hear the drone I looked at the phone to check what was going on with the atti mode and when i looked back up it was gone. One thing I did notice was a massive seagull flying near it around the time it disconnected so maybe it was attacked?

I'll post logs once I figure out how to get them off my phone.

I was using the latest DJI software with RC & OTG I wasn't flying recklessly I only got it out to try out all the different flight modes as I'm still relatively new to drones. I took off let it hover it had good GPS, RTH set so I felt confident id have no issues and here we are.

I thought the OTG cord didn’t work with the latest update(?)

I thought the OTG cord didn’t work with the latest update(?)
Im not sure if it was the latest DJI Go 4 update, or the one before it - but OTG was brought back. Its been a few weeks now.

As for the OP - that flight log is weird. I'm a noob spark owner myself and definitely no expert on examining flight logs, but to me it looks like you did nothing wrong. The drone started with a use error (what's that!?) and said it couldn't return to home due to weak GPS signal. Yet it also showed 21 satellites when at the start of the flight it only had 10. How is that possible?

Have you e-mailed DJI about this with the log? I've heard of them replacing drones when the flight log shows it was some sort of malfunction and not user error.

Im not sure if it was the latest DJI Go 4 update, or the one before it - but OTG was brought back. Its been a few weeks now.

As for the OP - that flight log is weird. I'm a noob spark owner myself and definitely no expert on examining flight logs, but to me it looks like you did nothing wrong. The drone started with a use error (what's that!?) and said it couldn't return to home due to weak GPS signal. Yet it also showed 21 satellites when at the start of the flight it only had 10. How is that possible?

Have you e-mailed DJI about this with the log? I've heard of them replacing drones when the flight log shows it was some sort of malfunction and not user error.

I've sent the logs in and opened a support ticket. i'm hoping that they are able to see that it wasn't an error of mine that caused the fly away but we shall see.

Reactions: JD4x4
Just had a reply from DJI. They are sending me a replacement drone which if i'm honest i'm going to sell as I've kinda lost faith and don't want to risk £400 flying away again. I did also ask if they'd be replacing the 64gb samsung microsd card i had in the device...

The email:

Thanks for your patience.
The unfortunate incident that occurred to your aircraft has been confirmed as a warranty case according to our data analysis.
If the aircraft couldn’t be retrieved, we would like to offer you a replacement, Spark(Lava Red) without remote.

Reactions: PAMaire

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme