Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Another moron... Drone above aircraft on approach to Las Vegas

Anyone else think this was a racing drone? The angles it goes at some parts and the dive when it showed regular speed seem to suggest it to me. Anyone else? Don't have much experience with them, just the occasional video I used to watch from FliteTest lol.

Yeah, looks like a racer to me.
Great fun to fly, way more fun than DJI drones, but don't make such good video though.

Reactions: Bubbles!!!
I think I need to find another hobby. This idiot will get us all in ****. What an a.hole!

It's real. The guy's name is James Jayo Older. He claimed he "found the SD card" and this video was on it. He is a racer/freestyle pilot that has proven to continually do stupid, selfish, careless stuff without concern for the hobby or the safety of the people that might have been affected by his actions. He has been given a lifetime ban from MultiGP for this incident and he is under investigation by the FAA and FBI.

Ignore them xD The answer is Yes, yes you can get footage like this, legally, and without a permit. Basically it was friends of friends, setting up the shot where a plane came by for a low pass and the mavic got a nice above and sideways angle as it passed by. Didn't even disrupt the planes schedule, just it's altitude as it passed by a certain set of islands they were using to film on.
Was quite fun, safe, and made for some realistic shots they used later in editing their short film :) turned out pretty nice!

It was outside restricted airspace, they just asked the pilot to fly at 50-ish feet during a certain part of his flight to the Dry Tortuga's.

The answer is NO!

The footage on this this idiot's shot was totally illegal PERIOD!

What you're describing is a pre-planned event outside controlled airspace, apples and oranges. Good luck in renting that Airbus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marshall Starnes
Would love to find out that it’s fake, but if it is, it doesn’t bode well for our mainstream news (MSN). Getting hard to believe ANY news on the Internet anymore.
It could be worse, you could live in a country where all your news and TV and internet is censored.

:)
The answer is NO!

The footage on this this idiot's shot was totally illegal PERIOD!

What you're describing is a pre-planned event outside controlled airspace, apples and oranges. Good luck in renting that Airbus.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh