Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Another "not able to access flight modes" post :-(

Thefunkygibbon

Join
Feb 1, 2018
Hi,

Not used my spark for a while and come to needing using it, but i cannot for the life of me work out how to access the fancy 'intelligent flight modes' or Sports mode.

To let you know what i've tried
WiFi and USB
Stock FW (V01.00.0900 & V01.00.1000))
Modded FW (V01.00.0900)
Stock latest app
Modded 'v14' app.

what i'm seeing: the only time i get to see the option in the settings for enabling/disabling the "Intelligent flight modes" option (where it mentions PAF) but is on/off setting. Is when I connect via USB to the hacked app. It is enabled.

but flicking the sport mode button the controller makes no difference regardless of the combination of above i try. and do not see the button on the left of the screen which lets you change modes like 'follow me' etc.

also, tried Factory reset

fwiw i'm using a samsung s20+ phone , also tried on a pixel 3a

any help?

I'm sure this is some kind of software issue but when i've emailed DJI support they just tell me rubbish like "put it in beginner mode and it should work" ?!!? or "pay for out of warranty repair"

i've seen a whole bunch of posts about this sort of thing but none seem to have any rhyme or reason for why it happens or really how to resolve.

guess not then. well i'm not paying potentially more than the value of buying another used one to get it repaired as per DJI's wanting me to do ... and without the modes/sports mode the thing is next to useless to me. In the bin it goes :(

Be sure your drone, remote and flying device (phone) are connected.
Not sure, but i think drone has to be airborn to show you the intelligent flight modes.
10+ sat's.. not a no-fly zone.. and no compass/imu errors.
Would also be required to enter Sport mode?
Do not give up, the official app should be good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit