Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Issue with my Spark with Smart Flight modes and Sport mode

Thefunkygibbon

Join
Feb 1, 2018
So for the last couple of years of whenever i've tried my Spark, it doesn't seem to show any smart modes, nor does it do anything when I flick the sports mode button on the remote.

I've tried the hacked app, i've tried flashing the hacked firmware using superpatcher, but nothing seems to make any difference.

One thing of note is that it when i turn it on it seems to think that i am in a no fly zone? despite not being in one (there is a prison a couple of miles away which is a red blob on the map). apparently it has updated the no fly zone data but who knows. I thought that was overridden by the app or the firmware hack anyway??

Any ideas on what i can do? I know its an old device now, the video footage has taken a back seat compared to just being able to fly it fast in sports mode, which I can't do for some weird reason.

please help

So for the last couple of years of whenever i've tried my Spark, it doesn't seem to show any smart modes, nor does it do anything when I flick the sports mode button on the remote.

I've tried the hacked app, i've tried flashing the hacked firmware using superpatcher, but nothing seems to make any difference.

One thing of note is that it when i turn it on it seems to think that i am in a no fly zone? despite not being in one (there is a prison a couple of miles away which is a red blob on the map). apparently it has updated the no fly zone data but who knows. I thought that was overridden by the app or the firmware hack anyway??

Any ideas on what i can do? I know its an old device now, the video footage has taken a back seat compared to just being able to fly it fast in sports mode, which I can't do for some weird reason.

please help
I hope to be helpful...
Once the controller told me I was in a no-flight-zone (it was not true): I just restarted the Spark, the controller and the dji app on the mobile and everything was ok.
I don't understand the first issue: when I set the controller in sport mode the Spark flights much faster.

Thanks for the reply but everything has been rebooted and reset many many times.
I believe the reason why it is not allowing me to go into sports and intelligent flight modes is because it is thinking it is in some kind of no fly zone. I was hoping someone with some knowledge of how that whole system works would respond.

anyone? there must be a specific reason for the device not to work in sports mode and other enhanced modes? would it even really be app related if the sport mode issue occurs when you just use the remote and not even connect to the phone?

I believe the reason why it is not allowing me to go into sports
If you slide the "SPORT" switch on controller do you see the "GPS" label change to SPORT?
I mean the label near the GPS icon, on high edge of DJI GO app.

If you slide the "SPORT" switch on controller do you see the "GPS" label change to SPORT?
I mean the label near the GPS icon, on high edge of DJI GO app.

thanks for replying.

no. it doesn't change anything at all when sliding into sports mode on the remote.
and i have no extra 'button' on the left of the screen where i used to have the intelligent flight modes previously either. i wondered if there was a way to test to see if it was recognising that I was sliding it into sports mode, but the fact that it is not doing the IFM's too sounds like something else is wrong.

is there any other reasons for not allowing these special functions to work? i've 'unlocked' it. i'm about half a mile from a stadium and a mile away from a prison but surely those are far enough away to not be a problem (and i'm using it in the same location as where it used to work fine a year or two ago)

Maybe you're in "beginner mode" on the app?

Try also to use the Spark without controller, just Spark and cell phone in wifi mode.

nope. not in beginner mode. I've used the official app, the hacked mod app from here, tried hacking the firmware, restoring, downgrading, wifi, cable, without phone with phone... not tried connecting phone to it directly though. i don't see the wifi broadcast anymore, is there a simple way of doing that? can you even use sports mode without a remote? (i've never seen a software button for it in the app)

You cannot go in Sport mode wothout controller (I think).

If you wanna see the spark wifi again you've to power on the drone, then long press the battery button until you hear TWO beeps (not one!).

Now spark generate the wifi. Connect and open DJI GO.

got it, tried wifi directly and yes i have the IFM button appear! but yeah no sport mode option.
will try re-pairing to the remote and see if it kicks it back into life. very odd.

You can't use sport in wifi mode.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 2
ok, well i was using a cable and still wasn't working (when connected to the controller) .. so god only knows why it's playing silly buggers :(

thank for the recomendation of using direct connection. at least i know to use that now when i need to use the IFM's. as tricky as it might be to actually control it on the phone (hopefully not need much control if using IFM anyway)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme