Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Anti-Glare screen

jay1028

Join
Jan 11, 2018
Since day one, I have been having great difficulty looking at the phone screen due to all the reflections. Got this solved a few days ago. I did a search for non glare screen protector. Looks just like any regular plastic screen protector until you peel off the last sheet that is labeled #2. Then you see the matte finish. Doesn't affect the clarity much at all. Much easier to fly now in any light. Even managed to get all the bubbles out. Phone looks like it came that way.

For those having the same problem seeing the screen, this will be a big deal.

Reactions: robsp58
Since day one, I have been having great difficulty looking at the phone screen due to all the reflections. Got this solved a few days ago. I did a search for non glare screen protector. Looks just like any regular plastic screen protector until you peel off the last sheet that is labeled #2. Then you see the matte finish. Doesn't affect the clarity much at all. Much easier to fly now in any light. Even managed to get all the bubbles out. Phone looks like it came that way.

Where did you find the non glare screen?

Ive ordered an anti glare tempered glass protector. Lets see if it really works. 2 for 6 dollars on eBay

Jay1028 you are right. Anti-glare screen protector and a Sun hood are the two best accessory investments I've made.

Bought a cheap one of these on eBay but it seems S8s cured screen is not great for making this practical. It just wouldn't stay on.

Hotwire, if it is plactic, you can trim it with scizzors, wherei it does not go over the edges where it is curved. You can always use your older phone as a dedicated phone for the remote. I do that. I repurposed my old phone.

Brian, glad that it is working for you. Amazing what an inexpensive accessory can do.

This is such a good idea, I just ordered some for my Nexus 6P, I currently have a tempered glass on it, and it IS hard to see

I currently have tempered glass on the screen of my iPad mini 2 and I have a hard time reading the screen on a sunny day.

Ive tested it today, it was sunny. You lose a bit of brightness, but in direct sunlight you gain a bit visability. Im not sure if i keep it, its not to sunny atm. Wanna test it some more when its really sunny

Here are photos without and with the matt screen protector. One secret on getting the plastic screen protector centered exactly on the phone
Peel of both protective sheets. Rinse the screen protector in mildly soapy water. Leave wet and apply to screen. Slowly squeegy out the soapy water. You will find that the plastic sheet will move around alot until you get all the liquid out the sides. You can center the plastic perfectly. It will take a day or two for all the liquid to evaporate, then it won't move anymore. This also eliminates those pesky little dust bits that are almost impossible to get rid of.20180306_123944.jpg 20180306_102145.jpg

I also have a box that can be checked and the screen gets very bright for oudoors. It reads Outdoors. Every phone should have that feature. It helps a lot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180306-145417.png
    Screenshot_20180306-145417.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 20
I just went out on a very sunny day with the anti glare screen, it does cut down on the glare, but it does seem to cut down on the clarity.

i can sacrifice a little clarity in trade for seeing where the drone is going. It is actually not enough to notice when you are oudoors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schmidtrobert