Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Anybody have trouble with delivery?

chemgod

Join
Jun 15, 2017
My wife and I are school teachers, we cannot be home before 3:30. When I ordered my spark flyless I ordered late thinking I would be out of school when it arrived. So I can sign for it. I get the notice last Saturday that it is arriving today. We are still in school until thursday. So I call Fedex and ask if they can deliver after 3:30, so they said we will leave a note with the driver telling him to deliver it at 3:30. The driver arrives at 10:20 am. I call Fedex to see if I can pick it up from the shipping facility or have it delivered after 3:30. This time they say "Absolutely not, it arrives when it arrives and nothing can be changed without DJI's permission." I tell them that I will not be there until after 3:30 the next two day because I am a teacher, my wife is a teacher and we are giving finals. Fedex tells me if I am not there either of the next two days when it is delivered it will get sent back to DJI. So I contact DJI and ask them if they could contact Fedex so as to allow me to pick it up from the shipping facility. They tell me "No its against policy," So I said okay, I am cancelling my order and the order for batteries and controller and charger ( I did not get the fly more because I thought the phone and one battery would be fine for casual flying - but after reading the forums decided I needed those things.) DJI says "No, you cannot cancel the order- you have to wait Fedex out and once we get it back we will refund your money." Interesting. This is the crappiest customer service ever. I do not see the logic in not allowing the customer to pick it up from one of the Fedex service centers if it is not deliverable. I will never order a DJI product from DJI. And now I will be waiting for over a month to get the spark because I will have to wait in the queue again. The only bright side is that I can order the fly more bundle an save money. But I also hear about the connection difficulties and think maybe I should just wait and get a Mavic. Any thoughts? Anybody else have this type of shipping problem or am I the only moron who did not have it delivered to my place of work?

When I read this, I think your argument is with FedEx, Not DJI.

When I read this, I think your argument is with FedEx, Not DJI.
Fedex is telling me that no changes can be made without permission from DJI. DJI said its their policy not to allow any deviations from the shipping address. Any ideas as to how I can convince FedEx to deliver it when I am home?

I'm in the same boat as you, I get home after delivery times. When I ordered, I'm having mine shipped to my work...

We were on vacation when my Mavic had to be signed for last winter, so my beautiful female FedEx person got my neighbor to sign for it. I love getting FedEx deliveries:)

My experience with FedEx (lots): they should leave a note on your door saying a delivery attempt was made. Sometimes you can actually sign that notice and leave it for the driver for his next delivery attempt (usually next day) and they will accept as signature. If not, the notice should indicate what time you can pick up your package at their office, usually sometime after 5 PM but before 7 PM (depending on the office hours). You can show up with the notice and they'll go dig the package off the truck for you.

DJI won't alter the ship to address/hours/etc. due to fraud abuse. FedEx also has similar policies they follow. It's all for the customer's protection, albeit inconvenient sometimes.

It makes no sense that the PAYING customer has no say in these matters. I would be furious if they denied me my package. I don't deal much with fed-ex but do deal with UPS and I have frequently changed my delivery to a pick-up at their warehouse. Never any issues. Not sure what their policy is and how it is different than Fed-ex.

My experience with FedEx (lots): they should leave a note on your door saying a delivery attempt was made. Sometimes you can actually sign that notice and leave it for the driver for his next delivery attempt (usually next day) and they will accept as signature. If not, the notice should indicate what time you can pick up your package at their office, usually sometime after 5 PM but before 7 PM (depending on the office hours). You can show up with the notice and they'll go dig the package off the truck for you.

DJI won't alter the ship to address/hours/etc. due to fraud abuse. FedEx also has similar policies they follow. It's all for the customer's protection, albeit inconvenient sometimes.

It is a DJI issue. DJI set the delivery requirements. According to FedEx, it has to be signed by an adult 21 or over (reasonable) and specific delivery times may not be be specified. The last requirement is very odd, because, although you cannot specify a specific time, you can put a vacation hold on it, or you can call FedEx, speak to a supervisor, and have it delivered on a specific day but you are not allowed to specify the time. This after speaking to three FedEx customer service reps. and a supervisor. So mine will now be delivered on the first day I am out of school, but I still have to wait around all day for it. If I can determine the day of delivery, why can't I pay the $5 FedEx fee to determine the time- it makes absolutely no sense.

Thank you to all that responded. Hopefully, I will now be getting my spark on Thursday.

Also, in order to be able to specify the day of delivery I had to show that:
1. I lived in the address specified for 90 days.
2. Had my mail from the USPS delivered there.
3. Answer four random and obscure questions about my past, they were multiple choice, but I had no idea how they got the information or the correct answers. One was concerning the name of one of the previous owners of the house.
4. I was also told I had to have a picture id to show to the delivery person.

If I have to do all of this to specify the day, what difference would specifying the time make, is it to prevent the buyer and the delivery guy from getting mugged or robbed? But if a thief was savvy enough to hack the delivery time, they are smart enough to steal it from you any time like when you are not home. That being said, I am now all set.

The sign the notice box was crossed out. And when I called FedEx to see if I could pick it up they said that DJI specifically forbade this. It could only be delivered to the address. I also asked about going to the ground shipping location but was told customers were not allowed there and they could not move the package from that facility to one in which customers can pick up their packages.

You have to love the standard across FEDEX: My driver left the Spark at my door step and left.

It is only when we got an E-mail some time later, indicating that the package had been delivered that we opened the door and finding it there.

Just got off phone with Fedex rep and they will try 3 consecutive delivery attempts. You can leave a signature (any piece of paper will do) on door for delivery driver as it an indirect signature required. I asked to have package left for pickup at the Fedex office and that was not an option. Went in person to talk to local fedex worker and they said after the the first attempt if you miss the package you can request a in store pickup. I'm gonna try to leave a note and see what happens (fingers crossed) on my delivery day. Best of luck to the rest of you.

I actually had taken the day off when FedEx gave me a delivery date. It was last Friday and I wanted to play with it anyway. Fortunately, I had also signed up for notifications and was notified 30 minutes in advance that delivery was going to take place a day early, and was able to sneak away to get there just ahead of the driver.

Gotta love people blaming DJI for FedEx's ridiculous and inconsistent policies. And it's the middle of freaking June! Who goes to school this late? Our school's been out for a month.

This is why I try to have all deliveries directed to my work address. Business to business deliveries seem to take priority over home. That's where I'm having my FlyMore delivered.

If you still have issues with delivery, try this:

Bonnie McKelvey - FedEx - 919-435-1380 - World Account Manager

Just a number I happen to have, so:

1). I was never here,
2).We never had this conversation
3).I disavow any knowledge of anything

med11.gif

This is why I try to have all deliveries directed to my work address. Business to business deliveries seem to take priority over home. That's where I'm having my FlyMore delivered.

med11.gif

I used to do the same thing . . . Then I retired!

:)

In my case - Buying Apple when it was in the very low double digits $$ - and continuing to grow my position over the last 30 years helps me - as well as just retiring in February, with a comfortable set of 401k investments.

Thanks to my Dad who said, "invest early and often." He was very wise and very right.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme