Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

anybody used the Spark as a wearable camera?

BrianP

Join
Jan 27, 2018
rather than buy a gimble for a handycam/actioncam I am considering a shoulder mount for my Spark so I can use it as a wearable camera on lake walkarounds/filming.

Has anyone tried it and built a suitable mount?

I guess care needs to be taken with overheating but as long as I monitor error messages it may be ok.
I'll take the props off ;)
-any other issues come to mind???

I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers for any feedback.

Last edited:
Check YouTube.

Here's a start...

Good Luck. :)

Reactions: BrianP
I see problem related with battery life. I had Spark connected a couple of times - not flying it - just for playing with app menues. Battery goes from 100 to 30% in about 40 minutes. With almost not moving the Spark at all. Walking and filming would mean even shorter battery life. I believe that's really poor for "action" camera. 100-150$/€ action cameras with image stabilization can do much better.

My first thought is that that's a really expensive use for the Spark. Knowing that the spark was designed with the assumption that it'll primarily be flying with air rapidly moving through / around it, you are likely to shorten the life of the fan and possibly some of the internal components. There MUST be some cheaper task specific cameras out there that can do what you need.

I kind of equate this to leaving your car idling for an hour to charge your cell phone battery. While yes, it technically works, it's an awful lot of wear on the machine that it wasn't designed for for marginal benefit.

In fact yes, I usually use the Spark with my hands directly to add filming footage in places where It can't fly, like between branches or similar. If you are careful the 2 axis gimbal let you get impressive videos.

Reactions: BrianP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast