Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Anyone ever trim there controller

So a I phone with a case would fit?

"Trim" the controller? As in chop it down in size? Take a Dremel tool and shave it down a bit?

I did trim my phone and removed the hard case. You can surely cut of some of the softer material inside the holding to make your cased phone fit in.

Trimming down the rubber grips inside of the remote controller arms is an option. You could also remove the screws on the bottom of the remote controller arms and slide out one of the rubber grips.

I made a "flight controller platform" so I could use the RC controller with my Samsung Tab S 8.4 tablet. The tablet is too wide in landscape mode to fit between the RC foldout arms.

I took a clipboard, removed the metal spring clip, narrowed the top to match the width of the controller, cut off some of the bottom to shorten the height of the clipboard. I attach the RC to the top of the clipboard using rubber bands and attach the tablet to the clipboard beneath the RC using rubber bands.

This gives be a handy platform that supports the RC and tablet.

Barry.

not only for a phone with a case also to fit a mini Ipad, which I am having a major problem.....i saw online that a Ipad Fits perfectly with the Mavic remote, but the spark remote has a slight issue as the arms do not extend as much, so as suggested a bit of filing is needed and i will soo try it and keep this forum posted.

....i saw online that a Ipad Fits perfectly with the Mavic remote, but the spark remote has a slight issue as the arms do not extend as much, so as suggested a bit of filing is needed and i will soo try it and keep this forum posted.

IPad mini4 with a glass protection fits perfect and no trimming of the remote.

20171207_202020.jpg

Reactions: sohpg
I took a razor blade and trimmed the rubber in the arms to get my IPhone 8plus with my Spigen Tough armor case. It fit before but was a bear to get in and out. Now it fits like a champ.

Same here took a razor blade trimmed the black rubber tabs so my Samsung Note 8 would fit in. It won't fit with the slimcase on so I have to remove that but at least it works [emoji16]

Reactions: Freck
I'd be more inclined to unscrew the rubber bumpers from the inside of the arms to make the phone fit better rather than cutting or trimming them. At least by unscrewing them, it's reversible later if you want to go back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schmidtrobert