Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Anyone from Malaysia?

Hi all, looking to meet up with some other Spark users if possible (im in PJ)
Also anyone know if there is a dedicated Malaysian forum for drone pics?

Going to try and put the Spark up at KLCC Park tomorrow morning. Any tips for not getting arrested?

Going to try and put the Spark up at KLCC Park tomorrow morning. Any tips for not getting arrested?

Go really early morning between 6.30am - 7.30am (on weekend) and don't launch your drone within KLCC/Park area but across the road instead. But it would be hard to reach the location unless you're on FCC mode. I manage to reached the park took-off from Bangunan Getah Malaysia but it was with my Mavic Air.

Go really early morning between 6.30am - 7.30am (on weekend) and don't launch your drone within KLCC/Park area but across the road instead. But it would be hard to reach the location unless you're on FCC mode. I manage to reached the park took-off from Bangunan Getah Malaysia but it was with my Mavic Air.

It was a wash out this morning with the rain! I was thinking just on sunrise (7:15ish)

I was going to take off within the park over near Traders, then pop up high and get some shots before landing again.

Going out to Melaka tomorrow so will go out again Wednesday morning and see what it’s like.

I’m currently staying at the Furama so a little too far to fly out from the Balcony on the 25th floor with a Spark.

Reactions: theMothership
Been in Labuan and flying every day. Been good practice and the place I’m staying is ok with me buzzing around.

Clocked a 2.6km distance (travelled not range) flight and really happy with how I’m handling and flying.

Practicing techniques circling coconut palms etc!

Reactions: theMothership
I’ll be in Kota Kinabalu next year (August 2019) and naturally will want to do some flying. Has anyone had any experience in the region?

When I use AirMap it seems to indicate the whole lot is subject to no fly zones, while the Malaysian regulations don’t make it clear either. Ie the Civil aviation FAQs say you can’t fly a drone in Class G airspace (which by definition is uncontrolled airspace), but allow it in Class D and Class E airspace some of which is inside airport restriction zones!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe