Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Anyone hit by rotors?

Walter Hall

Join
Mar 22, 2018
I was wondering if any of you have been hit by a rotor, and if yes did it do much damage?

Regards,

Walt

Well at least it will not cut though your bone. But be ready for peeling off skin or some cut.

Yes, not by my Spark but an FPV drone that was spinning at full throttle. I was "somewhat" lucky. Three of my fingers were hit hard. I didn't even want to look but when I did to my surprised to no "open" cuts. BUT I could see below the first layer of skin, "blood blisters" forming. Also my right hand ring finger was throbbing. It throbbed for at least an hour then the tip went numb. I was worried that somehow I severed something but didn't break the skin. Feeling came back very slowly over the day...

After that I'm way more careful of props and remove the props anytime I'm working on my FPV drone.

Do a google search, there are some pretty gruesome pics of peoples hands and I even recall one guy getting hit on the face. Some of the worse are from people who used Carbon Fiber props/blades....

I was wondering if any of you have been hit by a rotor, and if yes did it do much damage?

Regards,

Walt

Yes, not by my Spark but an FPV drone that was spinning at full throttle. I was "somewhat" lucky. Three of my fingers were hit hard. I didn't even want to look but when I did to my surprised to no "open" cuts. BUT I could see below the first layer of skin, "blood blisters" forming. Also my right hand ring finger was throbbing. It throbbed for at least an hour then the tip went numb. I was worried that somehow I severed something but didn't break the skin. Feeling came back very slowly over the day...

After that I'm way more careful of props and remove the props anytime I'm working on my FPV drone.

Do a google search, there are some pretty gruesome pics of peoples hands and I even recall one guy getting hit on the face. Some of the worse are from people who used Carbon Fiber props/blades....

Pretty sure there has been instances of fatalities to the 'pilot' of drones / rc helos with carbon blades due to partial decapitation.

I did my thumb a few years back the blade went through at an angle it was painful as hell. I was messing around and accidentally hit the throttle up button on my rc helicopter and like a idiot my reaction was to grab it. Haha and this is what happened my end of my thumb hanging off
20180407_142454.jpg

Last edited:
Somebody should make a video with the Spark powered up and stick a hot dog / weiner in the spinning props as a test.

It's a little off topic but here's an interesting view of the inside of a wasp nest after being cut in half by a Mavic.

Two weeks ago, hovering. The tip of my pinky got clipped. I wasn't cut but it hurt like a mother and bruised up the next day.
I think the folding props really took some of the force away. I'm glad it wasn't a phantom or a mavic air

Hurts a lot ! Caught my fingers on my first flight and made some cuts on my fingers! We're not that deep but there was blood !

Reactions: Frank040

Regards,

Walt
I panicked an reached for my spark in order to avoid a crash. The cut was very deep. Do be careful of those blades...they're sharp!

Not only are they sharp but the sparks props are carbon fiber! I had a blade give me a deep cut that bled a ton and cut through part of my fingernail. Had it not hit the fingernail, I'm thinking it would have been even worse!

This morning while landing my MA, my dog got a little too curious and a little too close with her nose. Didn't cut anything but now she is even more curious. **** it!

Ouch! Not yet.

Yes,twice and drew blood both times.I tried to keep it from crashing into a tree the first time the second time trying to fly in the House which didn’t work out to well.
It was a painful experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme