Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Anyone in near Philadelphia?

Im in Mt. Laurel NJ.

Ive found there are more places to fly than you think. There really has never been issues with flying anywhere. I did one have a park ranger once just ask some questions. Turns out he had a Mavic.

There are also lots of places in Philadelphia to fly. Just be aware your surroundings.

Im in Mt. Laurel NJ.

Ive found there are more places to fly than you think. There really has never been issues with flying anywhere. I did one have a park ranger once just ask some questions. Turns out he had a Mavic.

There are also lots of places in Philadelphia to fly. Just be aware your surroundings.
I live next to Mt. Laurel - any favorite spots you fly in our area or boardering towns? Love to find new areas to fly (so many local airports in our area - sky's are pretty congested).

Im in Mt. Laurel NJ.

Definitely! I really enjoy parking almost anywhere along Kelly Dr and shooting the skyline/boathouse row. Just remember that cities = lots of metal buildings, so watch your compass errors and keep it within LOS. I've been kicked to ATTI mode from GPS midflight due to compass interference near skyscrappers a lot. The wind tunnels they create can/will wreck you quad quick after it loses GPS lock, so just be aware/careful of that. Our Sparks don't have the redundant sensors the Mavics and all models north have, so they're MUCH more susceptible to that type of situation.

I live next to Mt. Laurel - any favorite spots you fly in our area or boardering towns? Love to find new areas to fly (so many local airports in our area - sky's are pretty congested).

I like to go over to Riverside, Centerton Road along Rancocas Creek, Palmyra Cove Nature Park (Great place to fly near the Tacony-Palmyra Bridge). Laurel Creek Park just to mess around and practice new things;

Planning to go over near the Burlington-Bristol Bridge next.

I like to go over to Riverside, Centerton Road along Rancocas Creek, Palmyra Cove Nature Park (Great place to fly near the Tacony-Palmyra Bridge). Laurel Creek Park just to mess around and practice

I've been to Bristol bridge a couple times (fun to plan when bridge opening occurs) to follow container or petroleum ships. I would definitely like to get more specifics from you on those other locations you mentioned. I fly right off Rte 130 at the Delran Riverside boarder (used to be an old marina there, and they have a gate opening to the water where folks launch their boats kayaks into the water. You can fly for miles (literally flew for almost 3 miles) straight out following the Rancocas Creek. Probably the best place I've found to fly in the area is down at Roebling Park in Florence Township (just google map it) - very wide open fields along the Delaware and directly over the Delaware are a series of lakes and wide open scenery (Great place to fly) - again can go for miles with nothing to obstruct and very scenic. Another spot along the Delaware is at the Palmyra Harbor Condominium area (very wide open water) - just need to be aware of Northeast Philadelphia Airport is not far accross the river in PA side - just should notify them. Would be fun to see another Spark flyer when visiting one of these sites. Outside of that, there are some large open fields right down the road in Medford (Stokes Rd - accross the street from Medford Post office - I park there).

I like to go over to Riverside, Centerton Road along Rancocas Creek, Palmyra Cove Nature Park (Great place to fly near the Tacony-Palmyra Bridge). Laurel Creek Park just to mess around and practice new things;

Did you mean Laurel Run Park in Delran off Creek Rd? If so been there a few times as well. Your spot by TP bridge is very close to spot I flew by Palmyra Harbor condos. And your spot on Centerton Rd is at the end of that long flight I took down the Rancocas Creek starting all the way down near Rte 130. If you get a chance I highly encourage you to try Roebling Park in Florence Twp which I like best of all - along the Delaware - no nearby airports and no issues with drones flying there as I already checked with local PD.

Hi ! I live in Kensington, and was wondering about decent places to fly.
Hey there! Back on page one of this thread I posted a link to an extensive map of various places to fly (June or July 2018 I think). It definitely includes some parks and other places we're not "technically" supposed to be flying, so use your own judgement on risk.

Tons of good spots on there though - it's a map shared by both freestyle FPV'ers and camera drone pilots, so some are chosen for their FPV-friendly structures and terrain as opposed to scenic considerations for the photographers, but all have hosted quads of one type or another.

It hurts me to admit it, but I actually haven't had the Spark up for pleasure flying in a long time (since I built my first freestyle quad), so I haven't discovered any new scenic spots in awhile. She only comes out now when my realtor buddies want me to shoot a new listing for them or when work wants aerial pix/vids for promotional videos and the like. Other than that, I've been flying these: HTH sound test.mp4 (I have several, but this is most recent build...turns out that since motors are just magnets, if you feed them the right amount of juice at the right frequency, you can make them sing. 4 motors = 4 part harmony :cool:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit