Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Anyone use NON OEM props?

I have a set of red non oem blades. I have tried them in all sorts of configurations and see no difference to performance or noise levels.

I tried them with non oem on rear and oem on front, then oem on rear non oem on front. Then tried them with diagonally opposite fitting all configurations worked ok

Reactions: steve.r
knock-off product

If you fly with non-OEM parts, and flight failure occurs, causing damage to your aircraft there will be no warranty or DJI Care coverage. That's a "risk" you take.

I am as light as can be. lol I think i explained about the purist view, sometimes blinkered to anything other than original, ref, my Rolex comparison.

On the second point, you will be honest enough to tell DJI that you were flying with non-oem (not 'knock off') props should the worst happen?

I am as light as can be. lol I think i explained about the purist view, sometimes blinkered to anything other than original, ref, my Rolex comparison.

On the second point, you will be honest enough to tell DJI that you were flying with non-oem (not 'knock off') props should the worst happen?

I type this with a smile :) ... yes, I'd be honest! No snark or cynicism intended. But given that I wouldn't fly with non-OEM in the first place, I wouldn't have to make that decision ( again, with the smile ! )

Look, there are design engineers out there (somewhere) who "spec" parts for their products because they have tested, with confidence various elements that perform to specifications. For example, if a 5mm "machine hardened" bolt, recommended because of the determined stress on a design to prevent failure, replacing it with a cheaper, non-hardened version would introduce risk. Failure may never happen, but "risk" of failure was introduced when spec wasn't followed.

The posters who decide to use non-OEM props are certainly within their right to do so. Props fail...even the OEM ones. When you submit a claim to DJI they will likely ask for flight logs and pictures of failed components (if relevant). I'd rather be sending the damaged OEM stuff. :)

lol, mine sound like an angry Wasp no matter the props, but i use in sport mode mostly. I find it quieter in normal mode. Not something that worries me, when it is, say 10 meters up and climbing the sound start to fade anyway. hth
Yep.... I agree... However, when you compare the "drone" of the Spark to the Air... the Spark seems quiet!!

Reactions: Denny
I Used the aftermarket ones an they work the same when they first got to me the were a lil stiff but a friend showed me how to loosen them up after that they or all the same an fly great for half the price I use the 4730F black from eBay they do have 4730S that’s more expensive

When you submit a claim to DJI they will likely ask for flight logs and pictures of failed components (if relevant). I'd rather be sending the damaged OEM stuff. :)

Yeah gotta agree with this. When sh*t hits the fan (or prop) at least you know your covered. If they where from a well known brand, or actually improved performance then yeah I might be interested. But for the sake of prittier props?

I wouldn't buy cheap random parts for my car from eBay?

Are the colored props any good for the Spark? I just received my spark (used) and it has Blue Props on it from Amazon. I've already ordered a extra set of DJI OEM props for it, as I'm not too sure if I can trust the aftermarket props?
I have a pair from Amazon. I’ve had to apply wd-40 to them so that they will straighten out by themselves. Other than that I don’t see any difference in flying or sound from the oem props. I can say that they don’t break as easily for sure. Just take my word!

I have a pair from Amazon. I’ve had to apply wd-40 to them so that they will straighten out by themselves. Other than that I don’t see any difference in flying or sound from the oem props. I can say that they don’t break as easily for sure. Just take my word!
I would be very careful applying WD-40 or any other stuff to plastic blades, if incompatible it can embrittle the plastic!

Just gonna chime in: I've been using non-OEM yellow props like the ones above for quite a long time. I don't see any difference in flight characteristics from the stock props. I would suggest that as long as the user accepts responsibility for possible crashes, there's no real reason not to carefully evaluate and try new parts. The "evaluate" and "responsibility" parts are key. :) Me? The Spark is just one of many drones in my stable. It's not mission-critical. I might not be as relaxed about different props on my Phantom. For that one, it was pretty easy to dye the white props yellow. I wish there were white OEM Spark props, but as long as there aren't... Ima use the cheap-but-so-far-reliable Amazon jobbers.

I think it’s fair to say that because of the differing reviews of the Amazon/eBay props, the aftermarket props SHOULD be just as good as the OEM ones, in design and performance. I would say that a nonOEM prop that is within spec will perform just as the OEM one does. The issue comes down to QC. This is the step you’re paying DJI for. When 1000 props come out of the molds, 500 pairs are made at the nonOEM factory. In the next room at the DJI factory, the props get an extra step at an inspection station, where a certain percentage are likely discarded and the rest are made into DJI props. I’d say this is why there is contradicting reviews of these nonOEM props. If you’re lucky, you’ll get a set within spec. If not, we’ll.... you saved $7 ‍♂️

I think there may be a misconception concerning non-OEM props... I didn't buy yellow props because they were cheaper. I honestly can't remember if they were, but that's pretty likely. I bought yellow props because they look cool, like Knave's props above. We're not talking about using styrofoam brake pads on a Ferrari here. If you are afraid of crashing your Spark, and if crashing it would cause significant financial hardship, I might suggest that you stay away from anything that would stand between you and a warranty replacement. For me, and for lots of others, the benefit is worth the risk, even if it is purely aesthetic. You won't catch me complaining if the yellow props fail. I hope they don't, but so far they are pretty great. Think about it and do what is right for your own situation. "Looking cool" is actually part of my Spark's job description :)

Reactions: steve.r and KNAVE
Pictures sure did the trick in quieting all the anti prop people down.
Personally I don't mind saving $2. I've been retired for 14 yrs. and every buck counts in the
long run. It's like the cable/TV/internet bill, every part seems like a great cheap deal till you stack them all
together then it starts getting expensive. In my book $2 bucks is a little piece of the retirement pie. Must
be the Scotchman in me. :):)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast