Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

App crashes multiple times during flight?

H3Alpha

Join
Sep 3, 2018
Loc
SoCal
The last two times I've been out, I've had a recurring problem of the DJI GO 4 app crashing while I'm flying. I don't lose control of the AC (luckily), but the app will completely crash. I restart the app, and it reconnects. The last flight, it crashed 3 times.

I was filming video the entire flight, but I actually ended up with 4 separate videos, each portion of flight between the app crashes, and the flight logs ONLY show the last 41 seconds of flight, which corresponds with the final portion of the flight AFTER the 3rd app crash; no record of the first 10 minutes of flight.

I have seen reports of app crashes during flight being caused by a full cache, does that seem logical? I have cleared the cache on the DJI Go 4 app, but haven't had a chance to fly again yet.

Which mobile device are you using?

I use a Motorola Moto Z2 Play, Android 8.0, with an OTG cable. This is a new occurrence; I've been using the exact setup for 5-6 months with no problems.

I've had a streak of crashes happen a few times on my Note 4, using the same version of the app. I've found that I have to reboot before flying, turn off mobile data, turn off bluetooth, and not switch between Litchi/GO 4. If I do all that, no crashes.

Also phones getting really cold or hot can cause problems.

The last two times I've been out, I've had a recurring problem of the DJI GO 4 app crashing while I'm flying. I don't lose control of the AC (luckily), but the app will completely crash. I restart the app, and it reconnects. The last flight, it crashed 3 times.

I was filming video the entire flight, but I actually ended up with 4 separate videos, each portion of flight between the app crashes, and the flight logs ONLY show the last 41 seconds of flight, which corresponds with the final portion of the flight AFTER the 3rd app crash; no record of the first 10 minutes of flight.

I have seen reports of app crashes during flight being caused by a full cache, does that seem logical? I have cleared the cache on the DJI Go 4 app, but haven't had a chance to fly again yet.
Full Cash? I suspect not. Full phone memory, maybe?

Are you running any other apps at the same time, are you perhaps trying to screen record? I recall someone on Android listening to music (on earbuds no less) whilst flying and the Go app would crash repeatedly. Personally I would not listen to anything but the sound of my drone, do the music in post production!

Nope, not running any other apps while flying. I'll try to turn off video caching and see if that helps. Thanks for the ideas, all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme