Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Are buying used drones on Amazon safe?

karl

Join
Dec 23, 2018
I want to buy this used DJI spark but I'm having doubts about how good the condition of the drone is and if it is functioning properly.

Has anyone bought a used DJI spark from Amazon or a online store??

I want to buy this used DJI spark but I'm having doubts about how good the condition of the drone is and if it is functioning properly.

I would not by a used DJI product unless I could see a test flight. I've gotten some on Craigslist and eBay locally this way.

I've also got some refurb units from certified online retailers including direct from DJI Store Refurbished

DJI has an official online store at several online retailers including this Amazon link

Reactions: PhantomFandom

I think as with anything, you will get mixed results with buying any used product online. Amazon and eBay both have buyer protection and various dispute processes but it does come down to seller against buyer. A drone is a special case because of its delicate nature. What if it was indeed working fine when it was shipped but the gimbal does not work when you receive it? Who is to blame? Who is to be believed? Of course it could be the shipping company but now you have all sorts of finger pointing.

Personally I have only bought and sold drones in person, face to face, with a thorough test flight. I know many have bought used drones with no issues but that is just my personal preference.

Reactions: Andre Levite

Or you can by one from a trusted member of this forum.

I am selling my spare Spark in the Classifieds

Spark with RC and accessories for sale

I didn't know you could buy "used" products on Amazon. I have purchased refurbished DJI Sparks on Amazon. Cleaned, tested, and sold by DJI. No problems whatsoever.

IMHO, the 2nd hand drone experience depends on the batteries' care and maintenance. They have a finite lifespan, and are expensive to replace.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit