Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Atlanta

Flyguy

Join
Dec 5, 2017
Hello fellow pilots...any good ideas for flying around Atlanta...on East Side here...any knowledge of Arabia Mtn. Area or areas east of town. Lots of restrictions in the Metro area for sure to avoid...

Hello fellow pilots...any good ideas for flying around Atlanta...on East Side here...any knowledge of Arabia Mtn. Area or areas east of town. Lots of restrictions in the Metro area for sure to avoid...

U find any good areas yet? Im in buford area,

Not really...Its been a busy season..thinking about trying Oconee National Forest ....just someplace away from Atlanta...

Not really...Its been a busy season..thinking about trying Oconee National Forest ....just someplace away from Atlanta...

Hopefully they let u fly in there, some national parks dont allow it. I was also thinking trying out by Lake Lanier.

Yes, I hope they do. I have a friend, works for state park. He was gonna ask around as to where is a good place. I figure they get asked all the time. I know you cannot fly in state parks and most municipal and county parks. If all fails...I have family in South Georgia...may spend a weekend down there flying on the farms...

Reactions: D@nny
Yes, I hope they do. I have a friend, works for state park. He was gonna ask around as to where is a good place. I figure they get asked all the time. I know you cannot fly in state parks and most municipal and county parks. If all fails...I have family in South Georgia...may spend a weekend down there flying on the farms...

Thats good if you get any info on the parks let me know. Im looking for some places to fly the Spark. Was thinking of making a trip to blue ridge mountains theres alot of open areas. The farm sounds like a good area also.

Thats good if you get any info on the parks let me know. Im looking for some places to fly the Spark. Was thinking of making a trip to blue ridge mountains theres alot of open areas. The farm sounds like a good area also.

I will indeed..just need some warmer weather also...

Reactions: D@nny
I'm over in the Augusta area and there are some parks around Clark's hill lake. I've checked with the rangers there and they do not allow any flying. Mainly cause people complain about privacy stuff. Some areas are fine as long as there are no people on beaches, etc.

Look up Georgia Drone Pilots on Facebook if you are not already familiar with them. A new group started in 2020.
Lots of experience in this group.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef