Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Autopilot Beta

Downloaded build 162.
Flew some waypoints and orbits, all worked flawlessly.
Tested FCC (in CE region), but when I've started AP,
It sets all back to CE for this flight :(

Tried zip line again today.
Same behavior: Spark didn't flew to point B.:(
I tried that yesterday. It flew to point A and then just sat there. I tried some manual flights as well but i find it isn't very easy to see the logs after the flight. Autopilot says that you made a flight but then you have to go to one of the online sites to see the logs.

Got the OTG cable, using with Dji go4 working fine, today I was trying with AP waypoints , it showing connect to the Spark and camera screen ok, but couldn't engage.

Today decided to test LCMC (Lost Connection Mission Continue) again. For this I`ve made a route with two waypoints and in the middle of that way, I would shut off RC.
Unfortunately, when I engaged the mission, AP automatically disengaged the mission. So LCMC with Spark isn`t possible at the moment.
After that, I flew another waypoint-route and Spark did multiple stops on it`s way.
Last flight was orbit around me. AP crashed and I have to start Go4 to regain control and land AC.
All with latest firmware (AC+RC), iPhone7 and AP 4.2 (163).
So some work to do for Hangar.;)

I've tested the flights from post #68 again. All worked flawlessly.
Not sure if on first attempt Go4 was in background and disturbed AP ;)

Performed Waypoints mission with new firmware and Autopilot Build 163. Waypoints mission executed perfectly, RTH upon mission completion was erratic, had to cancel it to land the A/C. Tried shooting a few panos, if the Vertical Start is set at 0 deg. the Pano would not execute, tried setting the Vertical Start at -1 deg. and it would shoot the first 14 out of 15 pictures, the last picture would be framed but I had to shoot the last pic manually with the on screen button. Panos stitched up and cropped on Microsoft ICE came out OK.

Attachments

• Sample Pano Jobsite.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 54
Today I've flown zipline and orbit. Checked that Go4 in background was terminated.
Spark flew the his way but stopped multiple times.
Videosignal was disturbed sometimes, even a few meters away.
All with new firmware on AC/RC an AP 4.2 (163)

Last edited:
I'm coming into this thread late. I'm on the latest AP beta and I've noticed a couple of things.

1. I was in zip line when app crashed. Spark hovered. I opened AP again, joysticks had no control whatsoever. Closed AP, opened Go4, still no response to joystick commands. Finally in desperation pushed RTH button on RC, Spark came back and then when I cancelled RTH it responded to my commands.

2. In both zip line and Orbit, it seems to perform the correct path, but the gimbal is not staying on the focus point (Subject: location, not operator) at all. The center subject of the Orbit was all over the place.

[when spark is engaged, I shut off RC to test lost connection behavior. Instead of RTH, Spark tried to auto land. That can cause problems, when Spark is in the middle of a long mission.
Second bug: zip line. Spark flew to point A and hovered there.
Didn't flew to point B.[/QUOTE]
ming
Found two bugs today (version 158): when spark is engaged, I shut off RC to test lost connection behavior. Instead of RTH, Spark tried to auto land. That can cause problems, when Spark is in the middle of a long mission.
Second bug: zip line. Spark flew to point A and hovered there.
Didn't flew to point B.

Tried zip line again today.
Same behavior: Spark didn't flew to point B.:(

Make sure that you have it set to cycle through. I usually manually move the A-B slider back and forth during the mission.

I'm on new firmware and Autopilot Build 163. Found that most issues happened, when I forgot to delete Go4 in background.
If there is not enough time between deleting Go4 and starting AP, there are issues also.

Does anyone have any update on the waypoint features now that Autopilot 4.2 is out of beta and live on the AppStore? I understand the way Autopilot waypoints work is by using a custom controller in the iOS app rather than the DJI SDK on the Spark itself, and therefore a mission will abort and RTH if connection is lost. Given that, how reliable is this feature?

Just signed up and downloaded the spark beta. Had done beta with my Inspire quite some time ago. Can anyone tell me what does not work the same in the Spark vs. Inspire other than the gimbal rotation? Do essentially all modes work (within the limitations of the 2-axis gimbal)? Just curious before I head out to the practice field.
Do you have to pay for the Beta after signup? The link from email bring me to app store and I have to pay for the app.

So to recap - what have you found is the best way to set RTH in the Spark while flying with AutoPilot (vs DJI GO) ?

Do you open DJI GO first and launch the Spark with new RTH Home Point set, then force close Go and open AutoPilot or have you found the Spark (onboard firmware) does this automatically and you can go straight to AutoPilot (and leave Go closed) - thanks - about to try my first AutoPilot flight.... (4.2 release version)

When using Autopilot, Go4 must be terminated before.
I always set Homepoint (in AP) with customizable button (menu, scroll down), could be done inflight also.

Thanks - yea I force close DJI Go before launching AutoPilot - it keeps disconnecting tho and I have to quit it and relaunch Go to get the Spark back - thanks re: home info

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme