Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Balloon capital of the UK-Bristol

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
The beautiful weather that we have enjoyed (until tomorrow) enabled me to get Spark up over the Downs looking towards the Gorge and the Severn Estuary. The ballon had taken off from Ashton Court and I could hear its burns before I could see it. Kept well away of course but a lovely sight.8A8C6D48-9129-4418-A337-23510225EEAF.jpeg8A8C6D48-9129-4418-A337-23510225EEAF.jpeg

That's ok, we can look at it two times.

Balloons are sneaky.
They are around my area as well.

When the weather is appropriate for balloon flights, I usually have my Spark on the ready, so if I'm out in the yard enjoining the day, and I hear the burners, I hope to capture good footage but by the time the "Home Point has been updated...", the photo opportunity has passed.

As always, I give way to manned aircraft so I won't chase it.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Guy
I was at 430ft and still wasn’t high enough for some of the shots and vids I got. Had to wait ‘till it started to descend by which time it had drifted on a reasonable breeze hence the distance. Luckily I was up already and had seen one balloon disappear to land but was thrilled when I heard the next burn.

Reactions: Spark 317
It would be fun to talk to a balloon owner/operator and get permission to fly with one. That would provide some great shots!

It would be fun to talk to a balloon owner/operator and get permission to fly with one. That would provide some great shots!
Agree. Don’t think a Spark would make much of an impact on a balloon. It moves so slowly although the dreaded “fly away” could kick in. You seldom if ever see same-height shots of balloons and yet they would make spectacular and unique angles.

Reactions: McCloudSpark

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis