Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Bats

gobigparts

Join
Aug 8, 2018
Does your Spark draw in Bats. I had like 20 of them come in and start circling my Spark tonight.
Thought one might go after it and make it crash.

Birds yes, bats, not yet.

Maybe the frequency of the spinning props make a sound that may attract bats.

The Spark is bigger than a bug so they probably not interested other than who's up here with us.;)

This is the first time I've heard of a bat attack, do they swarm or come in one by one?

First a couple, then five, by the time I brought it down I had close to 20 circling it. Pretty scary consider my drone was above water and I didn't want to damage it. Is there. Way I can post the video?

That's batty.

Sooo...after looking at your video multiple times...and pausing it at certain spots...those don't look like bats to me. They look like swallows...which from my experience are very aggressive towards my drone. Of course, you were there and would know for sure....are you sure they were bats?

Reactions: Brojon
Sooo...after looking at your video multiple times...and pausing it at certain spots...those don't look like bats to me. They look like swallows...which from my experience are very aggressive towards my drone. Of course, you were there and would know for sure....are you sure they were bats?
Good point maybe not bats. Just assumed by how they were flying.

I have also definitely had bats swarm my Spark. Just recently I had about five of them showing interest similar to your experience here.

Bats will definitely show interest!

I can attest, swallows are very curious and aggressive. While filming a creek I passed over a small bridge and in seconds Sparky was inundated with at least 30 swallows circling all around. I rapidly pushed up in altitude and got away from them then brought her home.

Swallows will definitely get all worked up over an aircraft the size of the Spark. And here I was just about to comment on this by saying "BatSpark Begins". :D

Yep, that is a swallow for sure. I thought it looked too early in the day for bats.

Swallows can be a PITA...I remember as a kid on a lawn tractor cutting grass they would dive bomb me and my dad said they were attracted to the bugs I was kicking up, but I never really believed it...Just thought they were after me! Cool post though, thanks!!

Came here to post the same thing, the swooped back wings are a giveaway.

Some bats will fly about before its dark, but most are nocturnal. I have had swallows and even a phoebe buzz my drone around the farm. They are protecting nests most often... though perhaps its more territorial other times. Swallow - Wikipedia You were wise to bring it back over land....

We often see bats in our neighborhood right before it gets dark. The video was taken around 8:30 eastern time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502