Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Battery cell fault

plingboot

Join
Jul 26, 2017
Loc
UK
I topped up a pack for a flight, but when I plugged it into the Spark and powered up I get an error telling me that there is a cell fault and the spark refused to fly.
Just wondered whether there’s a ‘self fix’ or whether it’s a warranty job.
The pack in question has had fewer than 10 cycles.

I topped up a pack for a flight, but when I plugged it into the Spark and powered up I get an error telling me that there is a cell fault and the spark refused to fly.
Just wondered whether there’s a ‘self fix’ or whether it’s a warranty job.
The pack in question has had fewer than 10 cycles.
From what I've read, DJI advises to discharge/recharge and see what happens. FWIW, I just got a bad battery for my Mavic right out of the box. First charge got an overcharge warning then a bad cell warning when I tried it in the Mavic.

I would not even try a "self fix" - if it's still pretty new contact your retailer, otherwise open a case with DJI. Pretty confident they'll replace it no problem. Just may take a little bit.. could be 2 weeks or so.

Thanks for the reply - when I said self fix, I wasn't suggesting an invasive procedure :) more a way to coax it back to life with a discharge/charge cycle etc.

Not sure how i'm going to discharge it - as the app won't let me power up the motors with the battery in it's current error state.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef