Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Battery firmware update failed - now what?

I just turned the mess over to DJI - I made sure the laptop was up-to-date on maintenance and re-installed Assistant - and it still doesn't see the Spark. I did tell support (I'm using email) that I always have a USB drive attached AND that I've hard-assigned all the drive letters up through J so the Spark is coming in as K and L - and I'd rather not muck with the assignments as I've a number of scripts I run that would need changing.

For purposes of completeness, in case anyone else hits this and looks at this necro-thread -- I have DJI Assistant 2 running on the laptop and recognizing the Spark.

I tweaked something in the Internet Explorer config and it now works. And I'm more than somewhat ticked off. Internet Explorer is NOT my default browser and is normally not allowed to connect to the internet even if some process fires it up; to rely on its configuration for a third-party application is flat-out crap programming. Indeed, I've been known to blow away software that insists on using Internet Explorer

Many thanks to those who have tried to help and have put up with my frustration over this.

For purposes of completeness, in case anyone else hits this and looks at this necro-thread -- I have DJI Assistant 2 running on the laptop and recognizing the Spark.

I tweaked something in the Internet Explorer config and it now works. And I'm more than somewhat ticked off. Internet Explorer is NOT my default browser and is normally not allowed to connect to the internet even if some process fires it up; to rely on its configuration for a third-party application is flat-out crap programming. Indeed, I've been known to blow away software that insists on using Internet Explorer

Many thanks to those who have tried to help and have put up with my frustration over this.

Good news you got it sorted, I'm amazed it had something to do with IE ? I didn't think the DJI Assistant went anywhere near the IE browser

Good news you got it sorted, I'm amazed it had something to do with IE ? I didn't think the DJI Assistant went anywhere near the IE browser

That's the reason I hate Explorer with such a passion - it's a massive security hole, and it is so heavily embedded in Windows it cannot be deleted. I use the laptop for access at a number of wifi hotspots and surf through the occasional suspect sites - so I'll be setting Explorer up to access a local proxy server that returns 404 for everything except for the few times I need to use Assistant.

And as far as I'm concerned, the battery is dead. It still has LEDs two and three (the center two) on solid, but when I hooked it uup to assistant to do the firmware update it failed immediately "Battery power level must be greater than 50%. Recharge the battery and retry." The battery has spent the last 10 days on the charger . . .

And as far as I'm concerned, the battery is dead. It still has LEDs two and three (the center two) on solid, but when I hooked it uup to assistant to do the firmware update it failed immediately "Battery power level must be greater than 50%. Recharge the battery and retry." The battery has spent the last 10 days on the charger . . .

There is something to that lights 2 and 3 being on. I cannot remember what it is though.

I've passed it on to Ryan at DJI support - the battery does not respond to any of the simple button-push tests I've tried.

Just read the 'two led' Mavic thread; looks like I'm in one of two states - allow the battery to discharge completely and then recharge should take, OR get it replaced.

I've passed it on to Ryan at DJI support - the battery does not respond to any of the simple button-push tests I've tried.

Just read the 'two led' Mavic thread; looks like I'm in one of two states - allow the battery to discharge completely and then recharge should take, OR get it replaced.

The stupid thing is the battery is fine, it's just the firmware that is messed up, just get it replaced

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef