Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Battery help

Speed750

Join
Oct 20, 2019
What happens when the batteries go bad ? I bought some used spark batteries and they all look good when connected. Good voltage across all 3 cells , charged less than 50 times. One battery had a white substance around one edge. Do these batteries leak when they go bad or was this just a coincidence ? Maybe it wasn't from the battery and something else. Wishful thinking ????

No, not at all. That's why I'm thinking maybe it was just so some dirt. I cleaned it off with a toothbrush and it looks fine. I just don't want my spark to fall out of the sky.

The white stuff did it look like battery corrosion like on battery terminals on a car battery? if so get rid of it.

Well it kind of looked like that. If they where alkaline or nicad I would toss them instantly. But I've never seen a li-po do that. I've seen them puff up and go bad or burst into flames. ?

Most defiantly get rid of the one with the white stuff these are very dangerous and catch fire

Reactions: jimlips
Well it kind of looked like that. If they where alkaline or nicad I would toss them instantly. But I've never seen a li-po do that. I've seen them puff up and go bad or burst into flames. ?
To be on the safe side I wouldn't take a chance with it. Put it in a safe place and keep an eye on it and see if the white stuff comes back if it does throw it into a jar of saltwater to destroy it.

Agreed, we've seen them expand, and suggest discontinuing use immediately because as you mentioned, they can burst. We've never seen the spark batteries leak. I agree with @Highflyer keep that particular one aside and monitor it for awhile before flying with it again. If it continues to leak, get rid of it immediately. Take it to a batteries store, or someplace similar that will dispose of them properly for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme