Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Beach in the Bahamas

Brianuc4

Join
Jan 19, 2018
Thought i'd share a video of a beach we went to while on vacation last week. While most of the US was in the bitter cold, we were enjoying 70-80 degree temps and sunny skies. Enjoy

I’m envious! We were on Paradise Island in January - I left my Spark home because everything I could find indicated that they were heavily regulated with expensive permits.

I’m envious! We were on Paradise Island in January - I left my Spark home because everything I could find indicated that they were heavily regulated with expensive permits.
I honestly didn't even research drone regulations in Nassau. All the hotel employee told me was i had to fly on the beach and not near the hotel.

Where were you staying? We were at the Warwick.

Thought i'd share a video of a beach we went to while on vacation last week. While most of the US was in the bitter cold, we were enjoying 70-80 degree temps and sunny skies. Enjoy

Nice video I noticed the wind. How did sparky handle it

Nice video I noticed the wind. How did sparky handle it
The Spark didn't like it at all. I'm new to this drone, my 3DR Solo handles wind like a champ. I was pushing full throttle and the fastest the Spark got with the winds was about 5.5mph. I got a little worried at one point, didn't know the wind affected it so much. Still a fun little drone though, I'm really enjoying it.

The Spark didn't like it at all. I'm new to this drone, my 3DR Solo handles wind like a champ. I was pushing full throttle and the fastest the Spark got with the winds was about 5.5mph. I got a little worried at one point, didn't know the wind affected it so much. Still a fun little drone though, I'm really enjoying it.

That speed is actually normal in windy conditions did you switch to Sport mode? I am assuming you have the remote controller. If you do not it is a must have.

Didn't switch to sport mode but I have flown it in sport before, it was pretty fun. Yes I read the controller is a must have so I ordered one when I bought the Spark.

I took it knowing there may be a risk of the ships crew holding it till the end of the cruise. I had it in my camera bag, it went through the X-ray scanner at customs and they didn't question it. I think the small size helps because I've heard of larger drones like Phantoms being confiscated. They did ask to open my other bag because the scanner saw a flashlight and they wanted to check in case it was a taser. All I can say is take it at your own risk.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis