Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Beaver Falls - a hidden wonder of Northern Oregon.

NacMacFeegle

Join
Jan 23, 2018
Loc
Pacific Northwest

I captured this video over the course of two trips to this off-the-beaten-path location. Filming with the spark was difficult, as a GPS signal was difficult to acquire in the canyon, and kept cutting in and out at random. At the large falls I was forced to fly out over the water in Vision mode to get into an area open enough to acquire a GPS signal so that I could fly higher. This was made even more difficult by the huge quantity of wind and mist coming off of the waterfall!

I captured this video over the course of two trips to this off-the-beaten-path location. Filming with the spark was difficult, as a GPS signal was difficult to acquire in the canyon, and kept cutting in and out at random. At the large falls I was forced to fly out over the water in Vision mode to get into an area open enough to acquire a GPS signal so that I could fly higher. This was made even more difficult by the huge quantity of wind and mist coming off of the waterfall!
Well done, you couldn't tell there was a lack of gps control

Nice. I'm back home in Australia, but I spent 5 years in Eugene at UO, and did a lot of roaming. Beaver Falls was high on the list. I can't wait for to you share some film from Waldo. And the lava fields. And... etc etc etc...[emoji3][emoji16][emoji2]

Nice. I'm back home in Australia, but I spent 5 years in Eugene at UO, and did a lot of roaming. Beaver Falls was high on the list. I can't wait for to you share some film from Waldo. And the lava fields. And... etc etc etc...[emoji3][emoji16][emoji2]

Thanks! I don't make it down farther south in Oregon very often, but I'd love to go film there some time!
I actually did some flying and filming today along the highway between Beaver Falls and Astoria. I might put together a few of those videos this week, but I'm going to finish my Quinnault Rainforest video first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leahandran