Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Bees keep attacking Spark

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, lrpena.

It's been reported before.

The bees are just seeing what all of the buzz is about.?

After all, the Spark is a drone.?

You must have been flying in Class Bee airspace.:D

Welcome to the Forum. ?

anyone having this happen to them? keep seeing in my videos bees attacking the spark and comes back covered in bee guts when they hit the props.

View attachment 10781
when i first started with drones my first real quad was a Blade 350 QX no camera unless you had a GO PRO . it was mostly white , the bugs it hit in flight with the blades especially in the beginning of spring was unbelievable blood , guts all over the quade . and it still flyes , i don't use it as much as my outer quads but every once in awhile i take it out for a spin .
i used baby wipes to remove the blood and guts , worked ok .
fly safe .

My yellow spark comes back covered in dirt, guts, once even blood as it must have hit a mosquito with full load. The blue one I used to fly for a friend never did.

Most bees, wasps, and hornets release phermones when under stress. These chemicals are a signal for others to attack. The first one you hit may been coincidence, but now the drone is blowing this "attack" me signal in its prop wash, resulting it more dead bugs' pheromones coating your drone. Just a theory but one of the reasons I haven't messed with them myself (so tempting though).

Reactions: Spark 317
anyone having this happen to them? keep seeing in my videos bees attacking the spark and comes back covered in bee guts when they hit the props.

View attachment 10781
I live in Los Angeles, CA. African Killer Bees attacked my drone a couple of times. When you land the drone and it turns off the bees go a way. Sad, little body parts all over the drone. All this time the scientist have been saying it was microwaves from cell phones or insecticides that were causing the decline in the bee population. They were wrong "DRONES".

Reactions: Tentoes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef