Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Behaviour when flying in a room, normal or not?

Defjoe

Join
Dec 4, 2017
Hi guys,
Just received my Spark this week. Could not fly outdoors because it’s raining all the time. So experimented a little bit indoors with only the remote. And then it got weird. First of all the Spark wouldn’t move forward. Is the obstacle avoidance on when flying with remote only? I turned the Spark away from the wall and then it flew forward. But when I wanted to make it go left or right, (turning is ok, it was sliding left or right that gave problems) sometimes there was no response. Sometimes it reacted very swiftly and sometimes nothing at all, with the joystick all the way to left or right or back.
Hoping to go outside soon, but does anyone have a logical explanation for this behaviour indoor?

Thanks

Hi guys,
Just received my Spark this week. Could not fly outdoors because it’s raining all the time. So experimented a little bit indoors with only the remote. And then it got weird. First of all the Spark wouldn’t move forward. Is the obstacle avoidance on when flying with remote only? I turned the Spark away from the wall and then it flew forward. But when I wanted to make it go left or right, (turning is ok, it was sliding left or right that gave problems) sometimes there was no response. Sometimes it reacted very swiftly and sometimes nothing at all, with the joystick all the way to left or right or back.
Hoping to go outside soon, but does anyone have a logical explanation for this behaviour indoor?

Thanks

OA also looks to the right and left a bit, so walls can affect avoidance as well...especially in small rooms or hallways.

Additionally, going through doors can be a bit tricky as well.

In my experience, OA needs to be turned off going through doors or other types of openings.

Thanks.
I'm just flying with the remote. So I should turn OA off in the Go 4 app, while I'm connected with the Spark?

Thanks.
I'm just flying with the remote. So I should turn OA off in the Go 4 app, while I'm connected with the Spark?

Give it a try...but, I also suggest going into Tripod Mode as well as using prop guards. Take it really easy on the sticks. Additionally, depending on the flying environment, the Spark may also be affected by moving air through doors, windows, heating or cooling systems, or even by its own prop wash.

Extreme caution is advised.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis