Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

BIRDS BIRDS ☠

RoccoT312

Join
Jul 2, 2017
Okay so I've had this drone for two days and I flown it a total of 5 times. four of the five times I was flying it, birds have come out of nowhere and got an awfully close to it. and I'm not sure why I've never had this problem before or with my Phantom. I don't understand if it's just because it's bigger and louder or if the birds are just wanting to **** with me all of a sudden. Birds you have been warned it is
anybody else have any problems with birds?

I suppose you could hang one of these under it. Or maybe use a mirror skin.

Amazon.com : TERAVEX Bird Repellent Discs - Most Effectively Scare Birds Away Like Woodpeckers Pigeons Grackles & More - Reflective Devices Make Attractive Hanging Reflectors For Windows & Trees Set of 24 Diamond : Patio, Lawn & Garden

61NtWJsDxoL._SL1200_.jpg

Reactions: wim
Lol here is a screen shot of the seagull. if I only had this, this mornin it says 100% effective.Screenshot_20170723-092920.jpg

I know seagulls are very aggressive towards my sparky. I flew it at a local seafood restaurant/icehouse where a LOT of seagulls hang out (I knew it was a risk). As soon as I took off and got over the water 4 seagulls dove from their perch straight for the drone, no joke! I stuck it in sport mode and took off did a wide u-turn and flew it back to me and landed. It was scary as heck!

I did fly it one more time after that, but I flew straight up to about 300 feet and took some aerial shots from up there.

Wish I had a video of the chase, it was kinda funny and crazy, the whole restaurant saw it.

There is a video youtube where a guys spark was taken out by a seagull...

I'm curious if it's because of the white color and size? I'm guessing the seagulls see the "White" spark as a territorial threat thinking it's another seagull?

I wonder what would their behavior with different colors.

Just watched a videos of Dutch police hawk taking down a phantom 3, after the hawk knocked it out of the air the phantom somehow managed to land I'll post it later

Reactions: xXxDieselxXx
I think it's safe to assume that the spark is unlikely to recover if hit in the air by a bird. I've seen a few videos of mavics and phantoms recovering after being struck by a bird or a tree, I just don't think the spark can do it.

Mine was surrounded by around 15-20 gulls but they didn't attack but looked like they were heading right at my spark. Wasn't recording at the time unfortunately

One of the first days i owned my P4 i tried it an evening in the garden, just some meters above my rooftop, and suddenly there they were!
I waked up a sleeping bunch of seagulls on a rooftop of an apartment, there was no direct attack but a couple of birds came real close! The noise they made was enormous, so they frightened me even more and i got down pretty quick.
See the movie, the seagulls are on the rooftop of the white building in front...

I decided to skin mine in red, to see if that would make them think twice (working on the assumption that most animals seem to recognise 'red' as a warning'). Probably get a Red Kite trying to mate with it....

IMG_2451.jpgIMG_2454.jpg

I have put reflective holographic paper on my Parrot Bepop. It seems to scare the birds away.

Ohhh that's a good idea! Reflective is what the wineries here use to keep the birds away from the grapes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme