Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Brand new to drones

wocint

Join
Jun 8, 2019
Just got my spark but cannot get it started. I am in the no fly zone and the app has this message that it 'cannot take off'. I would like to fly the spark indoor with the gesture. Can someone guide me on this. Thanks.

Many posts on this site by new owners flying indoors and damaging their drone and home. Much better to learn to fly in a wide open field. Lots more electrical and magnetic interference indoors too. If you have access to a giant indoor room like a gymnasium that might work however.

Most pilots get tired of gesture mode pretty quickly. It doesn't work reliably and is very limited compared to remote control. Using gesture mode indoors would almost certainly result in a ceiling strike.

When you're experienced enough to fly indoors best to use prop guards and Tripod Mode. Even then it's a bit risky.

Spark can't take off in a NFZ since last update. You can no longer call airport to get clearance either. This should change when LAANC system allows electronic clearance through the app.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: PhantomFandom
DJI Go will give you an option to launch on a NFZ. It will give you a code if you ask for it but you have to have a DJI account. This happened to me because I'm at the outer perimeter of an international airport and wanted to fly inside the house.

You want to fly indoors using gesture controls? Never ever do that. That's like going on a suicide mission for the Spark.

Go to an open area like a sportsfield and practice. Gesture mode is a bit of a gimick. Play with it when you've got used to flying properly. There is lots to learn.

I gave up on the gesture modes from day one when the Spark didn't perform as expected.

I gave it the finger gesture as it flew past me with a mind of its own. ?

I don't think the gesture modes work without a GPS lock on the Spark so you're probably safe with the modes not working inside a structure?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme