Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Broken LED cover mount.

rhysdundee

Join
Oct 28, 2017
I was taking off my propeller guard which was on the wrong wing. I now know this. So has to force the guard off. In the process the mount broke off at the screws and I have bought a replacement to be sent home. Trouble is i am travelling atm. Any temporary fix i can do to keep it on till then? AND. Is it easy to install the new part when I get it? I take it you just unscrew the screws, put the new mount in place and do the screws back up. Thanks in Advance.

Hello, mine also snapped after I crashed the drone (my own fault). They seem to be very fragile rings that hold the LED cover in place. At the time, I ordered a replacement from China which took over a month to arrive.

Long story short, whilst I was waiting for the new part to arrive, I took a water bottle cap, cut it slightly as it was too wide then taped it on. It kept the LEDs and the other bits protected and because it was clear, the lights were still clearly visible. Once the part arrived, it was very easy to replace with a small phillips screwdriver

Hope that helps
Mike

I was taking off my propeller guard which was on the wrong wing. I now know this. So has to force the guard off. In the process the mount broke off at the screws and I have bought a replacement to be sent home. Trouble is i am travelling atm. Any temporary fix i can do to keep it on till then? AND. Is it easy to install the new part when I get it? I take it you just unscrew the screws, put the new mount in place and do the screws back up. Thanks in Advance.
LED cover replacement
LED under top cover?
How to repair / replace ...
Spark's LED Cover Broken
Parts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers