Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Broken unknown plastic

Ishay

Join
Jun 22, 2019
Hi all,

Just noticed this broken thing between the gimbal and the front sensor as you can see in the attachment.
Can anyone tell what is this part for and how important is it?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 0EA0EAE2-D0D7-448F-A211-FC760FCD957E.jpeg
    0EA0EAE2-D0D7-448F-A211-FC760FCD957E.jpeg
    873.2 KB · Views: 89
Is it loose?
Can it wiggle and pull out?

Here's a link I found from RC GEEKS with pictures and description of a teardown.

There are a few pictures of the camera assembly but I couldn't see anything from my phone that looks like that piece, other than a plastic locator pin looking thing on the chassis?

There's YouTube videos as well.

Sure wouldn't want a loose piece floating around in the Spark.

Is it loose?

Here's a link I found from RC GEEKS with pictures and description of a teardown.

There are a few pictures of the camera assembly but I couldn't see anything from my phone that looks like that piece, other than a plastic locator pin looking thing on the chassis?

No, it seems steady and I couldn’t see/hear any wiggles.
The gimble works just fine so I wonder if I should get it replaced.
I’ll check the links.
Thanks!

I just took a picture of mine...

20190622_091429.jpg

It looks like part of stabilizing bumper for the camera to prevent it from rolling the camera too far left or right and possibly damage the gimbal assembly.
Heck, the camera body hits the Spark at about the same time it hits the bumper so you're probably safe.

It looks like it is attached on the inside whether by screws or just part of the molded plastic frame.

Did the Spark have an impact with something?

Last edited:
If you tilt the gimbel by hand, can you make it go all the way to touch the spark body?

No it did not have any impact that I’ve noticed.

Last edited:
Yes.

If I rotate the camera by hand, clockwise or counterclockwise, the gimbal that holds the camera touches the Spark.

20190622_094638.jpg

20190622_094741.jpg

That bumper may also serve to keep the camera from sliding too far left or right when flying.

If you play it by hand, Can you make contact between the gimble and the body?
Thank you ?

Is it loose?

I don't have the skills or the guts to take mine apart, but that is a fabulous site. Thanks for sharing

Reactions: Ishay and Spark 317
If you play it by hand, Can you make contact between the gimble and the body?
Thank you ?

Just on the corners at full tilt, not in the middle.

There's a small amount of play in each direction for the dampening of camera to help keep it stable when zipping around in Sports mode if you like to fly extreme figure 8's or whatever.

Reactions: Ishay

There's a small amount of play in each direction for the dampening of camera to help keep it stable when zipping around in Sports mode if you like to fly extreme figure 8's or whatever.

I see.
Flying extreme all the time. Found it on amazon so I might replace it myself.

Reactions: Spark 317

I meant to ask if you can make contact between the gimble and the bumper not the spark body. sorry for the confusion.
thanks

I meant to ask if you can make contact between the gimble and the bumper not the spark body. sorry for the confusion.
thanks

It appears it does.

When a grasp the gimbal on the left and right sides and push up equally, the center gimbal part that goes into the Spark does touch the bumper.

no problem, it is simply a locating piece to attach a gimbal lock on cover, it retains the clip as you attach the cover !! If you don't use or have a gimbal protecter then don't stress it does nothing else !

Attachments

• IMG_3667a.jpg
    IMG_3667a.jpg
    918.9 KB · Views: 12

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex