Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Bulldogging.

Jim Bow

Join
Jun 15, 2018
I occasionally go to a radio control field in Lakewood WA. Usually several people flying drones and planes etc. I go there to just practice without passersby wondering what I'm doing.
Last week there was an interesting young guy with a Mavic. He put a couple of helium party balloons up on about 50 feet of cotton sewing thread. It was anchored to a brick in the middle of the field. The balloons were blowing around. He then tried to pop the balloons with his drone.
He had to be quick on the sticks, judge the arc of the balloons, keep track of the wind, etc.
Took him about 10 minutes to pop the first one. Second one, he hit the thread and the balloon flew away.
I talked to him for a bit. He said he invented the sport. He calls it "bulldogging".

Reactions: wilcoxads
I'd be concerned about parts of the balloon or string getting in the props and possibly bringing the Spark down.

I did see a augmentined reality program that had virtual race tracks that you can fly in as you fly the Spark.

Droneprix AR

Droneprix AR looks like fun, but cannot find it on the US App store. Where is it available please?

I'm not sure if it's still available, it's been out for a couple of years and sometimes apps just disappear.

Here is a download site that offers it.

Since this is not a Playstore site, you may be promoted about the dangers of virus, malware, etc.

I don't have the app myself but have seen YouTube videos about it and beats just flying around in circles and figure 8's.

Just make sure you are high enough and in an open area.

Thanks for your trouble. But it's only available for Android - but I use one of the other operating systems!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast