Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Came across a new app for fpv

dosbft11

Join
Oct 15, 2018
It’s a new app called VR Pro.VR mode is for purchase. Has somebody tried that before? Is it worth it?

I searched the Play Store and it looks like it may be a VR player for videos.

I don't have the DJI goggles but I have tried using the Samsung VR goggles and the phone with a couple of apps.

Look for two apps on the internet. They may not be available in the Play Store.

CAVU.

Cardboard Play.

CAVU allows stereo vision on your device to be used in the VR Goggles.
A trial version is FREE and is limited to 5 minutes of flight time (motors started), unless you purchase it.
As long as you don't power up the motors, the 5 minute timer won't start and this will give you time to customize the windows in the goggles by putting the telemetry windows where you want them.

The app uses the phones camera and puts a p.i.p.
in the corner of the view so that you can wear the goggles AND have VLOS while wearing them.

The Cardboard Play disables the automatic start up of Samsungs VR and allows the CAVU app to run. I think it cost $2. You may not need this if you have a phone other than Samsung?

I fly with a mini4 but have a Galaxy s7 with the goggles and tried it and it seemed to work.

Litchi supports VR and it may work better overall since it's available on both platforms.

Good luck. :)

Reactions: RotorWash and Haggi
I searched the Play Store and it looks like it may be a VR player for videos.

I don't have the DJI goggles but I have tried using the Samsung VR goggles and the phone with a couple of apps.

Look for two apps on the internet. They may not be available in the Play Store.

CAVU.

Cardboard Play.

CAVU allows stereo vision on your device to be used in the VR Goggles.
A trial version is FREE and is limited to 5 minutes of flight time (motors started), unless you purchase it.
As long as you don't power up the motors, the 5 minute timer won't start and this will give you time to customize the windows in the goggles by putting the telemetry windows where you want them.

The app uses the phones camera and puts a p.i.p.
in the corner of the view so that you can wear the goggles AND have VLOS while wearing them.

The Cardboard Play disables the automatic start up of Samsungs VR and allows the CAVU app to run. I think it cost $2. You may not need this if you have a phone other than Samsung?

I fly with a mini4 but have a Galaxy s7 with the goggles and tried it and it seemed to work.

Litchi supports VR and it may work better overall since it's available on both platforms.

Good luck. :)

Appreciated[emoji846]
However,i have an iPhone X and the app you mentioned are not available in the App Store.

Well it seems, buying Litchi is the only option left-my eagerness to fly FPV .[emoji2955]

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe