Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Camera Filters

Adza 68

Join
Oct 6, 2017
I have seen sets of 3,4, or 6 camera filters on Ebay etc. Does anyone use any filters, if so what filters are you using? I am thinking maybe a polarising as I have on my own camera but not sure if others are worthwhile.
Adrian

ND filters are your best bet if you're doing filming. They usually come in sets of 3 or 6. I use PolarPro on my Mavic and hope to get their Spark ND filters as they seem to fit better than some others. However, they aren't cheap.

ND filters are your best bet if you're doing filming. They usually come in sets of 3 or 6. I use PolarPro on my Mavic and hope to get their Spark ND filters as they seem to fit better than some others. However, they aren't cheap.

Yes just saw a good review of these on YouTube and they look like good quality for the money. Have read that many of the cheaper copy ones can be too heavy and therefore not function properly.
https://www.amazon.com/PolarPro-Spa...0f-20&linkId=ee74c563d2412a06842f050b84615dea
Think ND def way to go.

I use the Polar Pro cinema series on my Spark...love em! They fit really well and do make a difference to smoothen/soften the video image.

Reactions: Adza 68
I use the Polar Pro cinema series on my Spark...love em! They fit really well and do make a difference to smoothen/soften the video image.
ND filters shouldn't affect image quality at all. Their sole function is to reduce the amount of light entering the lens. This leads to lower shutter speeds, which in turn cause slight image blur in moving objects - the much-desired 'cinematic' effect.

That's what I meant...it smoothens out the image, it's nothing to do with image quality...

Reactions: Londroner
I have quite a “noob” question then. If my primary purpose for using the Spark is photography then I shouldn’t waste money on the PolarPro filters I was going to buy? I have them for my Phantom 4, which I use quite often whether it’s for videos or photography.

I have quite a “noob” question then. If my primary purpose for using the Spark is photography then I shouldn’t waste money on the PolarPro filters I was going to buy? I have them for my Phantom 4, which I use quite often whether it’s for videos or photography.

Correct, you won't need them.

Reactions: antnyp85
Correct, you won't need them.
Ok thank you. My main thing I enjoy doing is photography. Haven't gotten into cinematography as much... I would love to eventually, but it hasn't been my forte. I will eventually try and get better at that too. I'll probably end up buying some filters then lol.

Price is certainly important, but you really want to go with quality when choosing a filter. If you buy the cheapest filters you can find (ignoring quality & reviews), you could end up spending more money in the long run if you need to buy several brands to find one that works well.

A polarizer filter is your friend for still photos, especially landscapes.

I'm using the PolarPro, (the cheaper set) and am satisfied.

A polarizer filter is your friend for still photos, especially landscapes.

I'm using the PolarPro, (the cheaper set) and am satisfied.

Awesome, thanks :) I ended up purchasing the Polar Pro Cinema Series, which comes with ND4/PL, ND8/PL, ND16/PL, ND8, ND16, and ND32. Due to the crappy NJ weather, combined with me actually being an adult and having to work lol, I haven't had much of a chance to use my Spark much. Definitely have had some fun with it when I've had the opportunity to use it. I know I need to work on my post processing skills and using the right filter, but hey, we all have to start somewhere :) Here's a pic I took one day on my way home. I found this nice little park next to the highway and thought it was a good spot to take a quick shot.

I wasn't going to spend money on filters initially since I have them for my Phantom 4, but now that I have the Spark, I catch myself using it more than the P4 due to its portability, so figured I'd get the filters for it, too. I take my P4 when I pre-plan on using the drone.

2.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Chippy147

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex