Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Camera Gimbal Drift

Nickyd

Join
Feb 24, 2018
Hi.
I've been testing my spark mostly with motors not running due to bad weather.

So just camera tests and some be goggles stuff.

I'm noticing over time that the camera Gimbal will drift off at an angle in the roll axis. If I move the spark around a bit sometimes it will centre itself again.

I've only done a couple of flights so far and have also noticed that one photo did not have the horizon straight in the shot.

Is this common and could it just be maybe due to the drone not actually flying?

Thanks!

Hi.
I've been testing my spark mostly with motors not running due to bad weather.

So just camera tests and some be goggles stuff.

I'm noticing over time that the camera Gimbal will drift off at an angle in the roll axis. If I move the spark around a bit sometimes it will centre itself again.

I've only done a couple of flights so far and have also noticed that one photo did not have the horizon straight in the shot.

Is this common and could it just be maybe due to the drone not actually flying?

Thanks!

Yes, try with the drone flying...outdoors...with a clear horizon.

The same thing happened to me as well; the gimbal will drift while it's indoors on the ground. My guess is that the gimbal is trying to fight itself. But when it's outside, it doesn't drift at all. Don't worry, nothing is wrong with your Spark

Thanks! Feel better about it now and look forward to flight testing

My gimbal was off out of the box. Noticed it while flying outdoors and the horizon was tilted. Use the gimbal calibration function which has a line across the screen and you can line it up pretty easily.

I've been playing with that this weekend. Had to move it around 6 degrees and seems better now.
Thanks

All gimbals will do this to some extent while stationery. I think it has to do with gyro drift. When you are flying, and moving around, it keeps the gyros moving, which helps them self correct. I don't know the theory behind it fully, but that's kind of how it works.

Yeh. It's fine now. Thanks for your advice all!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar