Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Can an OTG cable be connected from Android device to Spark controller?

Silversand

Join
Oct 17, 2017
Hi Folks:

....can an OTG cable be connected from Android device (Samsung S xyz models with DJI Go 4.x) to Spark controller successfully ?

Reactions: terrencehaha
Certainly . Just make sure you fire everything up first, and lastly plug cable into phone, and only then into rc. It may launch the app automatically, if not unplug, launch app and replug. May take a few goes to find what works for you.

Reactions: terrencehaha
remember to switch off wifi on your phone. The best cable for the job is the DJI Mavic OTG cable (check amazon) as the RC plug is not the usual microB shape, its a rectangle and the cable is angled both ends. Also take note that one end of a USB otg cable will be a "host" so depending on which way round you use the cable it will either communicate or simply use your phone as a power bank and try to charge the RC.

I tried to use the OTG connector that came with my S8+ and thought I bricked my phone for a minute. I probably did something wrong. Plugged the OTG dongle into my phone, and then plugged the USB cable into my remote. The lights on the remote came on as though it were charging and my phone went blank. No touch input, no hard button input, no nothing. Unplugged everything and tried a hard reset on my phone. Nothing. As a last ditch effort, I plugged my charging cable into my phone and it came back to life. Was able to turn it on and everything seems fine with my phone. Think maybe I'll just buy the DJI OTG cable/adapter...

You're the wrong way round! - Remote is the host, and must have the dongle that end.

The best cable for the job is the DJI Mavic OTG cable (check amazon) as the RC plug is not the usual microB shape, its a rectangle and the cable is angled both ends. Also take note that one end of a USB otg cable will be a "host" so depending on which way round you use the cable it will either communicate or simply use your phone as a power bank and try to charge the RC.

Interesting. Thanks for the specifics. I'll have to verify if the Mavic-specific OTG cable can mate to my Samsung S series phones, and my Galaxy TAB A tablet (without the need to "stack" conversion jacks).

Also, the "host" configuration noted, too. Thanks.

Hi all,
i just got my brand new spark and i bought this OTG cable on amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B018M8YEX0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I tried several times to connect my remote with my device (i have both an asus zenphone 2 and a samsung galaxy tab) but in both cases i was not able to connect.
Does anyone know if the cable maybe is wrong?
Here the steps i follow:
switch on the remote
switch on the drone
wait for connection (green light)
run the application dji go (latest version)
plug the cable, not host side on the device
plug the cable, host side on the remote
Nothing...

Can anyone help or have any clue what could be wrong?

Thanks all for the help!

From what I have experienced it's the app version that will not work. Myself and many others went back to 4.1.15 and the cable works.

Thanks for the suggestion. I installed the 4.1.15 version on both devices but no good results. On the zenphone as soon as i connect the cable the phone starts charging and nothing else happens. On the tablet simply when i connect the cable nothing happens.
I searched other blogs and the sequece i use seems to be correct....i dont have other devices to try, maybe i could try to buy another cable but i fear the same results.

Anyone has any clue\suggestion?

Thanks to all

Android has no device that can run otg cable regardless of cable type, DJI has disabled all info from transfering via OTG cable it will simply read N/A for pretty much everything. Get a Ipad or IPhone as of 2/21/2018 they still work with OTG cable

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delf