Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Can iPad magnets interfere with compass?

redrydermedia

Join
Jun 22, 2017
I use an iPad as my controller rather than the Spark controller or a cellphone. I think the Spark compass can be affected by magnet interference.....can the magnets on the iPad used for the Smart Cover interfere with the Spark compass? It's easy to carry my iPad and Spark together in one hand like two books when I'm walking to the large open field where I fly? Curious.....

I use an iPad as my controller rather than the Spark controller or a cellphone. I think the Spark compass can be affected by magnet interference.....can the magnets on the iPad used for the Smart Cover interfere with the Spark compass? It's easy to carry my iPad and Spark together in one hand like two books when I'm walking to the large open field where I fly? Curious.....
Yes & No...I kinda do the same thing. I typically keep my Spark sitting on on top of an iPad on my desk and when I just playing around with the setting I use my iPhone. Every time I boot up the Spark while its sitting on top of my iPad I cant the compass error. With that said, all I do is move the Spark off the iPad an all is fine.

Reactions: Sparkbart
I wouldn't put any of these compass equipped drones near a magnetic source. They are prone to compass errors and sometimes a recalibration is prompted. Best to keep magnets away from drones. Even taking off from concrete that has rebar in it has caused issues with drones, i.e., magnetic interference.

Reactions: TavisB

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe