Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Cannot take off

Ulk1

Join
Sep 23, 2017
I have a spark for 3 months. Last I flew it was 15 day ago.
Few day ago I did a factory reset of my phone reinstalled dji go 4 app.
Yesterday did the new update. Trying to fly in my apartment There was some notice saying I was in a nofly zone and it just says not connected and on the top left corner of my screen says cannot take off.
Tried connecting directly to my phone same problem.
Connected to my laptop downgraded to previous update same problem.
Even the remote when turned on first time there
is no RC WiFi. I have to shut it and restart the remote control then there is WiFi
Previously used otg cable. Now there is no connection with otg cable,only WiFi.

Please need some help
Any solutions?
Do I need to activate my drone online?
Do I need to download GPS maps
Thanks

Something about this update *notification alone* killed my wifi last night as well! WTH?! I normally only fly via OTG in airplane mode, but connected the wifi in an attempt to help a buddy troubleshoot his flaky setup after his allowing the updates to happen. He's basically having similar issues as yours. No real reason for it, beyond DJI's inability to publish an update without breaking stuff for thousands of customers.

We're still working on his issues, and now mine. Hopefully, I'll get it all figured out today or tomorrow without using my spark for target practice. This is getting tired, and I've only been fighting DJI since Sept 23rd of this year.

Check your system status page and see if anything is having errors on your setup... I'd bet the compass is screaming for calibration at the very least. That alone will ground it. You don't want to calibrate indoors, or while experiencing interference.

Regarding activation, you should only have to do that once. You will have to login with the app again anytime you do a reinstall. Ohhh, don't forget to delete the [2] DJI folders that get left on your phone after uninstall. That alone has caused me headaches in the past while trying to get a clean reinstall. Also, go ahead and download offline maps, and hit airplane mode before launching GO4 (after initial login of course). Things should not be this difficult...

Back to the medicine cabinet for a super-sized aspirin... best of luck to ya!

Ohhh, it just hit me why your OTG isn't working now too. When you did the factory reset on your phone, it defaulted back to no USB debugging. You'll have to re-activate that before OTG will function again.
Go ahead, ask me how i know that.... haha.

That's easy to get going again with 7 rapid taps on the kernel version line under System>About Device (assuming you're using an android based phone). Atleast I *think* its the kernel version line... I know its one of those in the About Device list. I usually have to tap around till i get the message saying "only [X] more taps to become a developer!".

Sorry, I'm a bit more thrown off today than usual... been up all night thanks to DJI's nonsense again.

You may need to get GPS reception after an update to clear the NFZ lock. Go outside so you get reception.

Reactions: Texas Gonzo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme