Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Can't connect to spark without disconnecting from another WiFi source first.

therefore

Join
Mar 15, 2018
When I start my spark up and I connect to its Wi-Fi using my phone I can connect just fine. But in the DJI go 4 app the option for "go fly" is not enabled until I switch to a different Wi-Fi network and then back to my spark. If I only have my Sparks Wi-Fi to connect to I cannot make the DJI Go app show the go fly button. This was especially frustrating when I was trying to fly it in the middle of nowhere and did not have a Wi-Fi signal to switch off of. Does anybody else experience this or is there a simple way to allow it to connect to the spark first time without a hotspot?

Edit: I don't have an RC. I only use my phone.

Last edited:
When I start my spark up and I connect to its Wi-Fi using my phone I can connect just fine. But in the DJI go 4 app the option for "go fly" is not enabled until I switch to a different Wi-Fi network and then back to my spark. If I only have my Sparks Wi-Fi to connect to I cannot make the DJI Go app show the go fly button. This was especially frustrating when I was trying to fly it in the middle of nowhere and did not have a Wi-Fi signal to switch off of. Does anybody else experience this or is there a simple way to allow it to connect to the spark first time without a hotspot?

Are you switching between flying with just the device sometimes, and using the remote control?

I'm using the original Google pixel. When I get connected to the spark it works great.

That might not be a compatible device -- it's not on this list.

Try a different device that is on that list.

Have you tried opening the app first, and then connecting to the AC? Or possibly turning AP mode on and off?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fulavio